Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

HUD message

Discussion in 'Programming (In-game)' started by HellArea, Aug 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. HellArea Trainee Engineer

Hello. It must be a simple question.
    I need to show a message or notification from In-game script on Hud.
    Something like Debug or Console text. Like quest message maybe. Or some status.
    This like will be perfect.
    [​IMG]
    Now I use the Echo or HUD-LCD, but I think i seen something in someone's script.
    --- Automerge ---
    I found, how the Game shows their ( Sandbox.Graphics.GUI.MyGuiSandbox.CreateMessageBox ) but it all is prohibited :(

2. Wicorel Senior Engineer

In-game scripts don't have access to UI like this.

Mods do, tho.

3. Bullet_Force Apprentice Engineer

True but there is no reason why they shouldn't have access. Keen need to change this.

4. Elfi Wolfe Apprentice Engineer

lol.. never going to happen.

5. Malware Master Engineer

The ability to do this would require the implementation of a whole new set of rules and management for how and when you can receive such messages, since the programmable block is an in-world device as opposed to mods which are not. Thus for this to make sense it would require you to be seated somewhere connected to the running programmable block or be within range of antenna transmissions from the programmable block. The second they start ignoring such rules the boundaries between ingame scripts and mods get erased and the whole point of the PB is eliminated.

Like Elfi said.

6. Bullet_Force Apprentice Engineer

All they would need to do is add a new field to cockpits that would store messages which would then be displayed whenever someone is sitting inside it. I submitted an idea on the Keen Support page about this.

7. Malware Master Engineer

@Bullet_Force Yeah. "All they would need to do". You'll realize soon enough that they aren't willing to put much man-hours at all into programmable block stuff ;)

8. Bullet_Force Apprentice Engineer

So it seems... Well hopefully things will change, I'm optimistic.

9. HellArea Trainee Engineer

It is too good and too simple also and too perfect to be real. They thinks like Malware (best whishes), because it will never be done.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.