Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Hype for anniversary update

Discussion in 'General' started by halipatsui, Oct 14, 2017.

1. rexxar SE Programmer Staff

ModAPI stuff will be in the next Major, but it's only a small part. We got it done in time, and they are major-worthy changes, so it's going in this Major.

However, ModAPI is by far not the only thing in the update.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. halipatsui Senior Engineer

Thank you for your contribution to hype trains fuel reserve

3. Roxette Junior Engineer

Apparently it's such a big thing, Drui needs to recap how to phrase a major update as it's so long since that happened...

[​IMG]

:D

• Funny Funny x 4
  4. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

I'd rather we don't try to seperate players into in crowds and out crowds, that's just silly, uncalled for and i personally don't like Kraut so please spare me the smell.

Maybe i'll type a more in depth answer if you want but i'll just leave this here while i'm eating and warming up, came home two minutes ago. (Yes, checking the internet IS the first thing i do after washing my hands.)

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/customer-service/catalogue-and-brochures/

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. damoran Junior Engineer

• Calm Down
    In-game Furniture? Customer Service? or are you simply sharing some black friday deals from Ikea with us?

...and the Kraut thing? are you saying he's like a Nazi because he's segregating people into crowds? little strong?

When I read your posts I feel dumb but also think it might just be that you're crazy.

It's probably the first one.

6. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

[​IMG]

It's meant to sillily display my desire for Ship Interior blocks and other architectorial conundrums like all the missing Armor Ramp connections.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

*stares patiently in teased wheels*

8. DrVagax Administrator

Godwin's Law sure kicked in fast in this one... Please be more civil next time.

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Sarekh Junior Engineer

aaaaaaand back to liquid ladders.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Arcturus Senior Engineer

Some thoughts:
    - The next major update could be on Nov 30, since optimistically the other thread referred to ModAPI updates in November 2017
    - The silence regarding the content of the next major update might be because KSH doesn't know either. Some content may be left on the cutting room floor for whatever reason.
    - Too much hype => hypertension => too much salt => salty posts when update doesn't meet expectations

I had most of my fun with this game in the early pre-planets phase. Got my $$ worth back then. Anything else extra that happens is nice, but I try to keep expectations low.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. damoran Junior Engineer

No problem, was a question in Jest, meant no harm in it. Moving on. My apologies Rotal, if I offended.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Well i'm not a huge fan of nazi-jokes in general but i wasn't offended, so, no problem from my side.

13. Timuroslav Apprentice Engineer

Cyber chickens are the future, but they'll drop meat, because wolves drop metal components so. . . :?

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. halipatsui Senior Engineer

Cant wait getting cyber salmonella!

15. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Nobody expects the chicken inquisition.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. FlakMagnet Senior Engineer

@damoran ... no...what Rotal was doing was having a dig at me for being sour ... 'saur' as in 'saur kraut' with that being cabbage soaked in vinegar.

@Commander Rotal ...since I haven't seen you active in any of the threads/areas that my comment referred to, I wouldn't expect understanding. But..I have my reasons for the comment I made, and I stand by them. I shall say no more.

17. halipatsui Senior Engineer

Maybe major is physics blocks overhaul?
    --- Automerge ---
    Maybe major gives everyone free booze?

18. Sarekh Junior Engineer

maybe major is going in...

19. halipatsui Senior Engineer

And possibly requests firw support soon?
    PREPARE HYPE CANNONS!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Actually i was having fun with a pun on the word "crowd" contained in the term "in crowd".
    I'm sure you have your reasons. I have plenty for my own problems concerning Survival, Mods and what they have done to the game's direction. You do you mate.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  21. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

I enjoy this community. just 2 days until the next update. ^^
    and even if its not a major update that's ok...because at least they're still working on it.
    even if wheels never get upgraded to the prototype ones I've had fun messing with them and adapting to their sluggish turning and hand breaking.
    ....also mecanum wheels :3

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. aka13 Trainee Engineer

I would love a rework of processing blocks. Imagine, that instead of having a separate inventory for every processing block, you got "merge" the inventories. Insted of 800 arc furnaces, which are laggy as hell, they all are processed as 1 arc furnace with 800x speed? That would make my life so much easier.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

true that does sound useful but then wouldn't that mean it could only process 1 type of ore at a time?
    granted 800 arc furnaces could process all the iron ore in the universe in a millisecond. :p
    actually small scale that sounds useful

24. aka13 Trainee Engineer

Actually, I have 900 Arcs, and at 1x they are slower than I would like them to be. But having that speed without a performance hit, I think I could be bothered to toggle sorters manually for different ore types.

25. rexxar SE Programmer Staff

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  26. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Certainly will mean a loooot of disappointment if this doesn't deliver. And trigger. Oh, the triggering.

• Funny Funny x 1
  27. Sarekh Junior Engineer

Do the asteroids in that teaser video look different or have I been on planets for too long?

28. FlakMagnet Senior Engineer

so..pistons will stop under load or on contact rather than ripping stuff apart. Hope it's a switchable option, as I regularly use pistons to push things and lift things.

Will be interesting to see how that works with a drill on the end. Would make extension speed less critical

29. Carrion Senior Engineer

#still
    likewise i use them as jacks to make things fixable

30. REDSHEILD Junior Engineer

Notice that the upper part is the same grid that the pistons are mounted on. The point is that they didn't punch through or clang out like they usually would there.

I expect this goes well beyond pistons. This seems like a fundamental change in the collisions, given that usually two armor blocks will just wear each other down when in contact like that.

• Agree Agree x 2