Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

I can't take it anymore...

Discussion in 'General' started by Spets, Jun 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Spets Master Engineer

can you please remove the auto rotation "feature" or make it OFF BY DEFAULT!!! :mad:

just ask to whatever creative builder out there if that was even needed to add, Im pretty sure everybody will say NO
    and why is ON by default, seriously! is this trolling? :mad::mad::mad:

this is a very serious request.... well... no... but... JUST FIX THIS!!!

My reaction when I want to place a block and autorotation is ON

• Agree Agree x 22
  2. Levits Senior Engineer

There has been no instance at all where I've wanted or needed my blocks to auto-rotate (aka screw up) when I go to build something. The fact that I am constantly pressing the "T" key on my keyboard the moment I go to load a world or start the game is annoying and unless the thing was actually smart enough to know what I wanted from it in the first place, it should be off the moment I start the game.

Wait... no, I know of one block and one block only that the auto-rotate works with and that is the Default Square block.

edit: Odizzido is correct about what he said below, I will give it props with the conveyor tubes and maybe even the "pylon" (<whatever the heck it is)... lights too maybe. Ya know, things that have one or two orientations regardless. <Would still need work though so that you don't constantly fight the thing to keep them facing the same way... like how the friggin' lights like to shift angles while i'm trying to stick them sobs in a straight line.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. odizzido Junior Engineer

I've found the auto rotate works alright with conveyors and things like refineries. It's awful with armour blocks.

If I were working on the auto rotation feature I would try making it so armour blocks never rotate but conveyors still would.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Ravric Apprentice Engineer

Current default takes away the predictability of the building tools. Tools need predictability.

Remember when Copy/paste reliably pasted in the same orientation of the original? Now you not only get a random orientation it always snaps to a nearby grid and in some times wont let you paste the way you want.

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. Herpaderpa Trainee Engineer

That video captures my reaction perfectly.

6. Sentinel-Ghost Apprentice Engineer

THIS!

This bug is driving me absolutely crazy!!!

7. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

agree.
    its annoying even in survival when you're trying to add a bit of flair to your flying metal block and you spend more time than needed RE-RE-RE-rotating the block because it changes each time.

8. FlakMagnet Senior Engineer

It's awful with armour blocks.... it's AWFUL when placing multiple drills, grinders, thrusters, or in fact ANY block that needs to point only one way and your 'cursor' wanders onto the wrong face and it flips around.

I cannot think of ONE SINGLE TIME when it was helpful. EVER.

It ......is......the...WORST...THING...EVER!!!!!

9. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

its like trying to thread 50 needles but each time you get close it *SNAPS* to another angle.
    [​IMG]
    try doing that 50 times without losing your mind.....
    EOF

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.