Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version [Extra] --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.
  3. Apologies for enabling the dark skin as the forum default. This was unintentional and the light theme that we've been using for the last couple of years will remain the default.

For anyone who hasn't noticed:
    We've enabled a dark skin on the forums called Keen Software House - Dark. It's not perfect but it gets the job done for anyone who doesn't enjoy white backgrounds. Go to your preferences page https://forum.keenswh.com/account/preferences or click the skin name at the bottom left of any forum page to switch

I have a graphics card error! (workaround)

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by opethbtbam, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Fercko

There is a mod that ads a drill. It mines gravel that can be refined by the drill to any resource you need. I`m using this mod to get around any voxel problems and low frame rate issues.

2. Dare Arkin

Okay, has anyone figured out a -real- fix to this? It's been well over a month, and this game is still dead for me.

3. shadow250

hi, for the people that has these lines in your log
    2016-12-16 15:52:37.916 - Thread: 1 -> ERROR: branch name cannot be resolved, services=
    2016-12-16 15:52:37.933 - Thread: 1 -> ERROR: branch name cannot be resolved, services=
    2016-12-16 15:52:37.933 - Thread: 1 -> ERROR: branch name cannot be resolved, services=
    2016-12-16 15:52:37.950 - Thread: 1 -> ERROR: branch name cannot be resolved, services=
    2016-12-16 15:52:37.950 - Thread: 1 -> ERROR: branch name cannot be resolved, services=
    2016-12-16 15:52:37.967 - Thread: 1 -> ERROR: branch name cannot be resolved, services=

this may help
    http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/directx-11.html then rebooted. now it works

the link is a full version of dx 11.2. you may have to remove the visual c++ redistributable 10 to get it to install.

for the record the trouble card was a gtx 660
    win7 64 sp 1

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  4. Reflexus

Guys these suggestions don't seem to be working for me. I get the spoken error upon launching the game although my directX is updated to the specified versions and my video driver is updated to the latest available. I'm putting some system information here in case you find it useful.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Dan2D3D69 Moderator

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  6. Joakkino9818

Hi. I updated to DEV version this morning, got the Intel integrated GFC warning; simply clicked OK and everything seems to be fine. For now. Obviously my 1st adapter set in Graphics section is my Nvidia Card. I'm writing cause, for luck or not, i'm reporting no further issues ^_^

7. StoicalSoul

This is still a problem. Both integrated graphics and GPU drivers are fully up to date. None of the proposed solutions work. This did not occur when I played last week.

Going to my Nvidia control panel and switching SE to integrated graphics allows me to start the game without being warned that my integrated graphics are out of date.
    So, the problem appears to be with the Nvidia card rather than the integrated graphics?

Playing on "Stable" branch.

Processor: Intel i7-4900MQ
    Memory: 16GB
    DirectX: 12
    GPU: Nvidia Quadro 2100m

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  8. Smellybird

I am using Direct X 12 and it is not compatible with Space Engineers, and I am having this problem. I have a friend who runs Space Engineers fine and he is using Direct X 12 as well. He is using an AilenWare computer and I am using a Dell that has Geforce and Intel. One more thing, I have Medieval Engineers and I can play that perfectly so is it just Space Engineers?

9. Spoonfed

Deleting the shadercache folders in appdata/spaceengineers ffixed this issue for me.

10. Harrekin

Just because you have DX12 doesn't mean the game uses it.

DX11 and DX12 come bundled with Windows and are updated by Windows Update.

The crash logs suggest it's using DX11 but can't find your card for some reason.