Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

I Love the New Weather...

Discussion in 'General' started by Spaceman Spiff, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

I'm playing a new survival game, built a rudimentary underground base (I've got NPCs all over me like a cheap suit; those "Assertive" NPCs are da boss!), and then finally built my little Popcorn starter miner. On its maiden voyage to go grab some iron ore I got struck by lightning, and it blasted one of my thrusters. Great fun! Thanks, Keen!!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Wow I didnt think lightning did damage. I was on the server I play on watching it pop off all over the place. Guess I was lucky I didnt get hit! :)

3. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

It sure does! And that is wa-a-a-a-ay cool! (I like the additional challenge.) It turns out the lightning slammed my O2/H2 generator.

4. Cameron_XV Trainee Engineer

Are there any setting that affect this? Can I make it more or less dangerous than it currently is?

5. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Yes, you have full control in the administrative settings via {Alt}-{F10}. You can dial it back, disable certain types of weather, or turn if off completely.

6. Cameron_XV Trainee Engineer

How do I completely disable lightning? It keeps striking me and the vehicles I am working regardless of the weather.

7. ShadedMJ Apprentice Engineer

Related question : My game that never had planets had weather enabled now. Disabled weather. The sun is still orange-y and everything is quite a bit darker than it was before.

8. DLR Trainee Engineer

And even disabled the fog rolls thru anyway. Still raining in my underground base.

9. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Yeah, I noticed that the brightness is much more distinct depending on the time of day. The brightest is when the sun is directly overhead, and becomes noticeably dimmer as the sun gets low in the sky. Before it was pretty much the same brightness all day long, then a short period of dusk, then darkness. Now the transition is more gradual, or at least it seems that way to me. I don't know how to disable only lightning and keep the other weather effects still going.

10. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Having you been praying to Klang as often as you should?

11. j2redlive Trainee Engineer

Defintely needs surface effects though
    --- Automerge ---
    There's currently a mod that disables lightning damage completely, decent way to fix this.