Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

I quit.. This game is just to bugged to be playable.

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by critor, May 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. critor Trainee Engineer

Yes its in Beta.....Who cares. don't let people play it if its not ready.

Since i came back to play this game after a year break because of poor optimisation, i have had nothing but lag, bad Sim speed, stuck inventories that just shows phantom inventory, and now (the straw) my space station suddenly for no reason completely obliterates, my exploration ship that took 3 days to build. It has been sitting there for a week quite happily, until today when suddenly the station opens fire for no reason and completely destroys the ship.
    I've had it. I love this game but for fucks sack Keen sort your house out. if your coders aren't up to it, sack them and get competent staff.
    Sort out your optimisation, and stability, especially with DS, and stop building new shit until everything else works.
    I'm sorry about this rant, but enough is enough.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Syncaidius Junior Engineer

I'm sure at least one person will reply with "don't let the door hit you on the way out" or some other rubbish but I agree with you.

I've played a lot of SE and would like to continue, but the game is so damned broken and laggy right now. I know its an "early access" game (that's lost its meaning a long ago), but many of the bugs such as the fudged LCDs, flickering LCDs, flashing disco lighting bugs, start-up crashes could have all been caught before releasing if they had play-tested the game for more than 5 minutes on more than just a tiny subset of hardware/vendors and test scenarios.

On a side note, I finally got my new Ryzen 1600 desktop running yesterday. The first thing I did was test SE with my debris field save. I saw absolutely no improvement in performance. The sim speed was unchanged/low despite having a CPU with 3x more hardware threads than my old Phenom CPU. It was a little disappointing, but considering SE wasn't even maxing my old CPU, I wasn't surprised at all.

It's almost as if SE is trying to castrate itself. It refuses to use all of the available system resources and instead chooses to lag itself to hell and back. Whereas, in games like GTA V and BF1, I saw massive performance improvements on my new cpu. I can run both games on ultra at 60 FPS and I'm no longer limited by my CPU.

As another thread said earlier this week, they have a long way to go. I haven't really played the game properly for the last month or two. I keep checking back to see if the LCD bugs are fixed since I make heavy use them with PBs, but so far they're still broken. I've no idea how they can justify leaving such a critical block broken for over a month.

EDIT: Just realized this is in bug reports. Probably not the best place for it, but still relevant.

Last edited: May 5, 2017
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. NoThanks Apprentice Engineer

Deja Vu! @critor I just rage quit a few months ago myself. Such potential to this game, if it were possible to nail down the bugs that plague it (Given the time frame over which they have had, and the prevalence of recurring bugs I think the chances of them actually fixing the bugs are slim to none.) Nevertheless there's nothing quite like this game, and I found myself testing it out again just the other day... to find that while it's better... it's back to desync hell (from what I've seen) DS naturally. Even in single player which was fairly stable for a while I found that wheels were incredibly unreliable even at low speeds... (Is there no way to actually get the parking brake to STOP the f*cking grid??? It slides around like it's on ice even when there's barely any gradient, makes it about as good a parking brake as slapping crisco on your wheels.) So yes, I wish you the best of luck OP, in whatever adventures you choose to look into next. Hopefully this Titanic of a ship that is known as Space Engineers will have enough lifeboats to go around. But in the event that it doesn't I suspect there are still a good number of people here that will gleefully, blindly, fan-boyily go down with the ship.

Also yeah, bug reports wasn't a great place for this. I'm a little surprised it's isn't already locked! Still snuck my opinion in before it was though... BooYAH.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Harrekin Master Engineer

No offense but given how little you obviously know about how computers work you probably shouldnt criticise the developers.

More threads (over 4) isn't going to help you in ANY game, you fell for the usual AMD marketing.

I get 75fps, 60UPS, 1.0 Sim Speed on a DS and my PC isn't even that great.

LCD's work perfectly, etc. I haven't suffered any bugs after coming back after a year and a bit of not playing except one related to custom factions.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Late Late x 1
  5. Nacon Junior Engineer

That's where I stop reading because imbecile players like himself don't actually get the meaning what BETA means for a game in active development.
    Posting this in the wrong forum section really paint the color of his intellect.

Please lock this useless thread.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  6. Harrekin Master Engineer

But there's so much stupid left to point out in their posts...?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Late Late x 1
  7. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

it'll be interesting to see what space engineers will be like when its finished or if its ab-......

can you blame the user for flipping out?
    --- Automerge ---
    you shouldn't lock a thread when he makes perfectly valid points.

you'd be a fool not to try and at least diagnose what caused the turrets to open fire on a grid he spent 3 days working on.
    thats the whole reason hes angry.

locking a thread because someone is pissed off is even more daft than what you said.

what do you want?
    a community that locks threads when people get angry and a game that never gets problems reported for bug fixing?
    because an attitude like that is what will make SE like that.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Roxette Senior Engineer

But, it's not a bug report in the conventional sense, so it doesn't belong in this section of the forum... perhaps there needs to be a specific sub-forum created that's just dedicated to rants from unhappy users ? ... or maybe not, as it could become embarrassingly popular ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.