Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

I want to disable not fully destroy enemies

Discussion in 'Survival' started by BradBurr, Aug 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. BradBurr Trainee Engineer

I thought i heard of a mod that allows you to change how the ai controls turrets when firing at enemies.

i want to be able to salvage more than just iron plating and scrap.

Does anyone know what the mod might be?

Thanks

2. Harlequin Otterdog Trainee Engineer

Smart Turrets is the one I know of off the top of my head. Thou it seems that the latest patch may have broken something with the mod.

3. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Just shuck-and-jive on in there with you trusty ‘ole hand grinder and disable the point defenses manually. That’s what I do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. RkyMtnDude Apprentice Engineer

I hope they do something about that. I mean, come on. A determined player with a hand grinder is often more devastating to a player or NPC than a ship full of turrets. How about energized armor where you die if you try to grind. IDK, but I have taken down some pretty decent ships with a hand grinder or by just dogging it til it ran out of ammo. The introduction of sensor controlled thrusters adds a little evasive intelligence but not enough.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

But it’s not so different than the Star Wars scenario with the rebel forces sending in fighters to disable the Death Star...small, randomly moving targets are hard to hit. It’s a reality. However, the addition of “knockback” (getting hit by enemy rounds) makes the process much more challenging. It used to be much, much easier to disable enemy ships and stations. I like it now...harder, but not impossible.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Yup keep moving forward strafe to the right for a bit strafe to the left a bit, bingo on the ship in no time! :)

(I know is a dead post just had to say something.) Finding new things on the forums is few and far between! lol

7. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

I just built a new SPRT planetary station (SPRT remote drone assembly facility) with four spawning antennas and a plurality of point defense systems. It’s much harder to take, but certainly not impossible if you’re Forrest Gumption. But, then, hey, there is the warhead boobie trap that awaits. It’s the most fun you can have with your clothes on!

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.