Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

I Wish to Write an SE Novel

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by Comicsluvr, Feb 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Comicsluvr Trainee Engineer

I am a published author with 3 books under my belt currently. I would like to write a novel based in the SE world, complete with recognizable history and content. What would be the best way to get my idea to the Devs for approval?

2. Sarekh Senior Engineer

I'd say you should approach your agent on the matter or your publisher. They will be actually better equipped to answer this legal question than random users of the interwebz:)

3. halipatsui Senior Engineer

Blue vs red astronaut as arch enemies plis

4. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Keen does have a media relations page on the website. I would start there and make contact with them. Keen is pretty good about content creation by its players. I think a book would be a little out of scope of their original intent. Though, it's a bit flattering to have someone spend weeks and weeks hammering out a story-line and a plot based on your work.

5. Mobiyus Apprentice Engineer

I'm sure it wasn't your intention to self-promote in this thread but... please do! What are those books? Any chance it might be interesting to a community of gamer such as us? I'm always looking for a good read :)

6. AutoMcD Senior Engineer

The book should be like watching Lost. Each chapter raises more questions than it answers, and when it ends it will feel entirely unfinished.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Comicsluvr Trainee Engineer

Oh, I'm not worried about the legal aspect. I self-publish and have no agent. My question should have been more precise: What is the best way to contact the Devs directly?

Sorry, needed to read more. Media Relations. Got it.

As for my books, two can be found on Amazon for the Kindle. One is a murder mystery called Hail to the Queen and the other is a fantasy piece called Trial by Fire. Both are by Charles Braden. The second one is the beginning of a series.

Thanks for the information

8. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

if you're interested, the Phoenix community is always looking or more story writers. we have an already established universe and timeline for people to build stories off of as well.

the link to our short stories is in my sig.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.