Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

I'd like to see a few more personal character tools

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Hale, Aug 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Hale Trainee Engineer

I don't honestly believe these will be implemented, but a guy can dream, can't he?

• Space suit: I'd like to see the space suit be a removable item that needs to be crafted.
    • Jetpack: Like the space suit, a removable craftable item, separate from the space suit.
    • Remote control: A hand held remote control panel for remote control of grids without having to go through another gird. Possibly with a more limited range.
    • One of these

[​IMG] ;)
    • Airbrush: For repainting blocks in survival, without having to grind them down.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 3
  2. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

I would like to see a basic melee weapon unlike the DPS style of the saw and drill.

something like the wrench from system shock 2.
    hold to ready a swing
    release to swing and hit for a good chunk of damage.

that couldn't be too difficult to make right?
    I've tried it myself but in the end i got a drill that clicked once with a small cool down.
    worked great with the older style of drills but it wasn't very interesting to look at and no longer functions properly. :p

[just imagine what wonderful iconic melee weapons modders would make with a simple feature like that to hook into?]

[​IMG]

maybe in time we might be able to craft different suits?
    i know its possible after all there was "SnoBot Mk1" it had better stronger faster jetpacks.
    the "SnoBot" itself moved much faster on foot.
    updates broken it..... but it still showed stuff like that is possible.

hopefully its stuff like bigger oxygen/hydrogen storage...slightly slower movement speed and reduced load.
    faster jetpack reduced hydrogen storage or length.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  3. EstebanLB Trainee Engineer

What we need is a portable rocket launcher to breach a hole in CV ships and quickly take out inf turrets when battling inside or even outside mounted turrets too, given the numbers and skills.
    It would be quite heavy though, and so the missiles too

4. sioxernic Senior Engineer

5. Bumber Senior Engineer

You can already do this from the terminal screen. IIRC, the easiest way is to press the "..." icon. You can also select a remote control block (after choosing a grid in the drop-down menu) and take control there.

6. Hale Trainee Engineer

Only through the terminal of another grid with an antenna. Not the suit terminal.

7. Malware Master Engineer

No. The grid you want to control must have an antenna, yes, but you don't have to go through another grid to control it. It does have s limited range though, don't remember what atm.

8. Sirhamsteralot Trainee Engineer

suit has 200m range if i remember correctly

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hale Trainee Engineer

Then i must be doing something wrong, because i can't get it to work.

10. Malware Master Engineer

Are you sure your suit broadcast is on?

11. Hale Trainee Engineer

Oops. :eek:
    Well, scratch that item from the list. Thanks.

Although now i wish looking around with alt+mouse would work for the yaw axis and not just the pitch axis, when remote controlling grids.

12. Malware Master Engineer

You and me both. That is a bug that's been there for a while. Not that I even keep 3rd person enabled when playing "seriously" ;)

13. Hale Trainee Engineer

I've discovered a desire for an airbrush tool, to repaint blocks in survival. It's annoying having to grind down and rebuild blocks to repaint them. Especially if the block in question happens to be critical to structural integrity. And then you have to rename all the new blocks to the old names. And apparently i can't have red hubcaps without making wheel suspension red as well.
    --- Automerge ---
    Actually, it seems i can't have red hubcaps AT ALL, in survival. I guess that would be too extravagant.

14. sioxernic Senior Engineer

WTF are you talking about? You can repaint stuff in survival.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Hale Trainee Engineer

Did i miss something again? Only way i found to repaint a block is to grind it down and rebuild it with another color.

16. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

O.O well SE does have ALOT to learn.

whats the paint block button again? middle mouse right?
    then shift + middle mouse to paint an area of blocks.
    with "[" and "]" to switch paints and P to define a custom paint using saturation, hue and brightness

17. Hale Trainee Engineer

I must be stupid! I thought that only worked in creative. I'm sure that must have been the first thing i tried, when moving to survival. Don't know why i thought it didn't work. Well, never mind then. Thanks!

18. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

theres alot worse things to not know in SE than just paint. :p
    like planetary gravity draining more hydrogen from your jetpack and forgetting to pack a can of hydrogen
    happy to help.

19. Hale Trainee Engineer

I actually didn't know that until i read in a loading screen tip. Or i didn't think about it; but it makes obvious sense when you do. I just kind of assumed that was the normal hydrogen expenditure rate of the jetpack.

I haven't actually been too space yet in survival. I've been slowly learning the game in a safe oxygenated atmospheric environment, and have had an interesting time figuring out mining fighting against gravity. I have to make a space mission economically viable.

20. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

I won't ruin the fun of learning how to get into space but i'll say this.

the game feels much easier in space because you're not fighting against gravity.
    true one fear is running out of oxygen but the engineer consumes oxygen really slowly and one backpack full of ice and an oxygen generator can last you a really long time. there is also the oxygen generator similar to solar panels but creates oxygen from sunlight using hydroponics.

it varies from player to player but i do find being on planets more fun than in space.

if you are going to venture into space or even on a planet...you can never go wrong carrying a bottle of hydrogen and oxygen if the planet you're on has none.
    --- Automerge ---
    what about flares?
    L.E.D's in oxygenless environments
    magnesium powder burning flares for oxygen rich environments
    a temporary light source shot from a special made gun. so we don't have to craft "throwing flare hands" to "shoot" them.

of course we do have the suits light but it would be nice to spam a bunch of flares around a mine or cave system even a ruined station/ship.
    even to see how deep a hole is.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.