Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Idea: Formations

Discussion in 'Programming (In-game)' started by AutoMcD, Jan 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Captaindan Apprentice Engineer

Hey! After testing the update yesterday, my first idea was think about formations! ;)

I hope too this will soon easily possible! :)

2. baronmoll Trainee Engineer

I am currently working on a Gps Cotroller wich can use the IMyGps and IMyGpsCollector Namespaces since they're only accessable through a Mod.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ishakaru 2 Trainee Engineer

MeusRex is working on inter-ship communication. Once he finishes, and it's integrated, we'll be able to make formations.

4. AutoMcD Senior Engineer

BUMP

Inter-grid communication is a thing now!

5. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

Expectation of inter-grid communication
    Terminator 3 TX's remote controlling cars ability

humorous reality
    ability to open airlock doors from inside small ship.

6. rexxar Senior Engineer

@Forcedminer You could use this to remote control grids. I've only demo'd door openers because they're easy to program, and I'm lazy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. iN5URG3NT Senior Engineer

All aboard the Hype Train!

8. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

I think for formation flying there needs to be an in-game way of setting a maximum speed lower than 100m/s. Right now, autopilot just pushes against the 100m/s speed limit until it decides it has to slow down to stop at a waypoint.

Most ships have different acceleration curves and depending on the distance from each other, Some ships will have to slow down or stop to let other ships to form up on them. Using autopilot takes a lot of work out of the scripting. It's still possible, but more complex than it needs to be.

9. AutoMcD Senior Engineer

it would have to be script based autopilot

10. Arcturus Senior Engineer

Idea: drones broadcast their (unique, sequential) serial number (or rank) and location to friendlies, and then assume a position in the formation based on the leader's position and their place in the list of numbers/ranks? Formations are coded as a list of slots, each slot being a position relative to the leader.

Code:
      2  3
     4     5
    6       7

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.