Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

in game weather effects?

Discussion in 'Programming Questions and Suggestions' started by Cave Dweller, Nov 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Cave Dweller Trainee Engineer

I was cruising around a desert planet the other day, testing out a new buggy when I started feeling like something was missing in life. I stopped at the top of a nearby crater and just gazed at the world around me, listening to the barren emptiness that was my world. Seconds turned to minutes, minutes turned to hours. I stayed and listened until there was nothing but the deafening silence gradually consuming my entire being.

It was at this very moment when I realised that there is not the slighted evidence of a weather system. The more I thought about it the more It dawned on me that on all the planets I have been on and all the time I have spent mining rare and precious ores, not once has there been anything other then clear skies with sun and stars periodically smiling down at me. Not even a whisper of wind let alone a storm.

I keep being interrupted so here is the short version. There are no weather effects on planets (when compared to games like Ark: Survival Evolved-Scorched Earth) what would it take to implement something like that in SE? Specifically dust/sand storms and is there anything like this coming out in an upcoming patch? Ideally I would like to see weather effects cause varying degrees of damage to any building/creation that is not shielded

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.