Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Ink Dropper Idea (Possible Mod or Addon)

Discussion in 'Programming Questions and Suggestions' started by LegionUnited, Nov 25, 2017.

?

Should this bbe an Addon or mod?

1. Addon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Workplace Mod

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. LegionUnited Trainee Engineer

Lately since the Major update was released I've been playing space engineers like crazy and I realized the game is missing a major feature that could change building forever.

In Photoshop there is a feature called the ink dropper tool and when used , whichever color you click on the brush or pencil will turn that color. and if you want to change to any other color on the project you just ink drop on another color and the brush changes instantly. SO my idea is that while building in space engineers, we're constantly opening up the G menu to access all the blocks for ships, building, etc..

but sometimes out hotbar is full or in my case I don't switching back and fourth with the , and . functions to move hotbars, and i'm standing right beside a block i need again but now i have to reopen my G menu find the block or search it (because a lot of blocks look exactly the same or their textures are hard to make out), then put it into my hot bar.

All this could be solved with an ink dropper option where with a single button or mouse click if configured to an alternate button, looking at the block you want and pressing (let's say middle click) and now in and empty hotbar space the block appears. (Example if i'm placing a bunch of different types of engines, then all of a sudden need a refinery, instead of searching through the menus i could just fly or look over at a refinery, middle mouse click and now a refinery is in my hotbar.

If this option exists or a mod in the workplace has made this possible and referral would be great but I've yet to see anything like this is the community so far.

Thanks, TK

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.