Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Interserver connection

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Saberwulfy, Apr 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Saberwulfy Apprentice Engineer

Since server will never bear with great numbers of players a inter connection between databases can be useful and fun.

2 or more servers with the same mods will share the database and allow ingame transference of players and grids blocked by server rules.
    With it 1 or more server owner can have multiple servers or a specialized server for 1 purpose like racing, war, build, mining, pvp, pve.
    The advantages are to play with less lag, make cheaper servers to be useful, server owners socialization, better community interaction, friendship promotion, better quality multiplayer feedbacks, unification of community, possibility of create isolated events, and love.

2. Elfi Wolfe Apprentice Engineer

There was a project that was being worked on that allowed that. I forgot what happened to.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. ViroMan Senior Engineer

Probably died due to massive changes that were constantly happening. Perhaps now that it is... stagnant in the update area, things can happen again?

4. Malware Master Engineer

Except that when the majors are released there's a greater chance of bigger changes rather than lots of small ones. Especially, I would wager, in the realms of multiplayer. Yet the greater timespan might make it worth it regardless

5. stfalx Trainee Engineer

if you mean connecting 2 universes together i doubt that would be possible, the DIFF between the two world would have to be calculated by the server, compare each voxel from the same coordinates.

on the other hand you know what would work? getting into a ship, in space, and connecting with that said ship to an already live server of a friend, via a wormhole generator thing. during the load of that said server a nice wormhole animation could take place instead of a space engineer picture with an animated spinner.

6. Malware Master Engineer

@stfalx I think you'll find that this is exactly what was meant.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.