Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Interstellar Mining and Defense Corp.

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by JD.Horx, Jul 5, 2015.

?

What to build next?

Poll closed Mar 15, 2018.
  1. build a new military ...

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  2. build a new civil ...

9 vote(s)
    45.0%
  3. ... large grid ship!

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. ... small grid ship!

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  5. ... station!

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  6. just finish that battle cruiser of yours!

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  7. just give me more station modules!

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  8. do something completely different, that could be...

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Howitz Junior Engineer

Probably a moderator could come by and so something about it

2. Whiplash141 Junior Engineer

Ahh... a shame... guess I have to advert harder :p

3. iN5URG3NT Senior Engineer

Oh I don't know, I can think of another fleet that you can do business with :D

@JD.Horx If the torpedo script is broken, it may be because GetFreeDestination was removed. I'm not sure if any replacement script will be able to do guidance with as minimalist a missile as the one RDavs script used, but I'm not really an expert. I take it you are still set against rotors?

That's a very nice frigate, I really like the engines. Welcome back... Worthy adversary... ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. JD.Horx Senior Engineer

Thanks, I could try different scripts for the torpedoes, though it will take a while until I find something I can work with. I mean, it took me months until I finally can work with MMasters Auto LCD script ^^

And yes I am afraid of the multigrid, my ships always tend to lose height when using multiple grids. Safety Lock seems to be safe now, but still... Nah maybe I'll give it a try.

5. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

@Whiplash141 scripts are pretty solid, especially if you're mass producing missiles via welders. They are easy to use and work especially well for salvo firing due to the adjustable delays as well as offsets in trajectory. I can get a six pack of missiles to simultaneously launch vertically while packed densely, then peel off horizontally one at a time without bumping into each other and stay within around 100 meters from each other in a conga line. That's especially useful when going up against well defended targets.

I managed to attach some other scripts to them to create some stuff that has breakaway decoys as well as break away gyros for penetrating deep into enemy ships. The only thing I don't like is he hasn't (yet) allowed the missiles to be easily reprogrammed in their settings after being built. Being able to lock the vector to the target and get the hell out of there would be great for static targets. Also being able to reprogram the offsets and delays would be nice as well. Instead I need a separate projected image for each variant.

But overall I'm satisfied with the performance.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Whiplash141 Junior Engineer

I mean... it can already do that... I just haven't figured out a simple way to code that into my launch program :p

That is "possible" but it would require me to write some actual input handling :woot:

7. The Churrosaur Junior Engineer

It shows :D
    There's a "thread tools" box somewhere at the top which should help you.

Edit: Join the dark side of multigrid monstrosities. Clang beckons

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
  8. JD.Horx Senior Engineer

Updated some smaller vessels of mine

[​IMG]
    F-8a Vulture Fighter Bomber
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=816037327
    Nothing special on this one, just updated the looks and added a Atmos Thruster for planetary use, I still like the shape.

[​IMG]
    F-13a Kestrel Interceptor
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=816050035
    The Kestrel has now only two turrets so it can land... Finally. Because Keen still didn't fix the awfully large hitbox of small ship turrets.
    It is able to operate in space, in atmosphere and it can significantly boost its agility with the hydrogen thrusters. All those are fun to fly with Universe Edge speed mod... We need drag in SE.
    --- Automerge ---
    hm is it possible keen changed the effective radius of the welders? cant seem to get a test torpedo bay working as the torpedo never gets completely built. or maybe I'm just frankly stupid..

9. Whiplash141 Junior Engineer

I believe that they did a patch or two ago.

10. iN5URG3NT Senior Engineer

@JD.Horx Make sure that you don't need to rotate the Torpedo BP using roll, pitch etc. Align the Projector instead and use the offsets only. There was a bug and I don't think it's been fixed.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. JD.Horx Senior Engineer

Updated the Europa-class Carrier

[​IMG]
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=816832795

Update features:

new paint: with the new armor texture this was really really really really [...] necessary
    weapons: 6 gatling turrets are now placed on the top deck and 6 on the lower deck, making all in all 12
    lcds: the new lcd panels are now installed
    armor: I changed the way the armor is placed, resulting in less polygons and better performance
    Info LCDs: some scripts and lcds now show the most important information on the bridge
    hangar: now the whole hangar is one room making it easier to navigate inside. also their is a new front hangar.

well, now I just need some more pictures...

• Like Like x 1
  12. DragonShadow Apprentice Engineer

Always great to see more of your work!

13. JD.Horx Senior Engineer

Guys, this thread is up for one and a half year and i just realized I spelled "defense" ins IMDC wrong. And nobody told me that it doesn't spell with a 'c'! And I didn't see it for all that time.

This. Is. So annoying right now.

Whatever. The Cerberus-Destroyer Mk. IV is nearly done and the brand new Titan cruiser is also just before its release. I am just waiting for Monday when I get that Internet connection for my desktop computer. Also I have a new over heavy vehicle for a little fun with the condor to drop it, so there are some things to come next week.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 2
  14. Howitz Junior Engineer

in fact we all knew and spoke about it to eachother, but we just hid it from you and placed bets on when you would realize it. thanks i will gain a nice amount with you figuring it out today.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. iN5URG3NT Senior Engineer

I say chap, that's the right bloody spelling if you're speaking the Queen's old boy.

Translation: It's spelt with a "c" in British English.

• Informative Informative x 2
  16. JD.Horx Senior Engineer

The IMDC proudly presents the newest line of ships:

IMDC Cerberus Destroyer Mk. III[​IMG]
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=821631995

IMDC Protos Corvette Mk. III
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=821584339

Coming soon:
    [​IMG]
    --- Automerge ---
    Oh, and I played a bit with the logo.
    [​IMG]
    --- Automerge ---
    More or less unrelated, can somebody tell me how to get rid of the kph speed indicator? I placed four suspensions as decoratively on the ship, but now I would like to see speed in m/s.

The suspensions are already toggled off and hidden from terminal.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
    • Like Like x 5
  17. tankmayvin Senior Engineer

Looks like I have a new standard torpedo test target (I still use the Cerb Mk1 a lot).

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. AutoMcD Senior Engineer

asfik there is no toggle. if you place suspension part then the speed unit changes.

19. tankmayvin Senior Engineer

I've been having quite a bit of fun with this mod that turns the piracy faction into a fully expanded IMDC lineup with AI that will at least attack you using frigs and gunboats of IMDC designed instead of those craptastic drones.

First time I've had a real fight in survival, and salvaged ships are actually of decent utility because they are mostly Horx's.

They will basically fight until the AI/looping timer is destroyed or the ship is fully mission killed which makes salvage a challenge unless you ding the PB/timer by luck with a penetrating hit.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=617055961

I think dev has been ceased and it would be nice if this got more formally adopted into the game or whatnot.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. JD.Horx Senior Engineer

Thanks for the heads up, this mod came out when I was mostly inactive on SE. I am mildly surprised it even is pretty good rated on Steam!

I love the general idea of these mods, the additional content makes the universe feel more alive, just like this grand exploration mod of @LeonserGT , can't recall the name at the moment. Didn't understand how keen never managed to implement some of its features, like the space police/military that arrived when you attacked civil vessels or the trade stations.

So much unused potential.:(

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. PyreStarite Junior Engineer

Keen is too busy breaking features they already have.

22. tankmayvin Senior Engineer

The mod plays quite well, you can generally still win but it requires much heavier loadouts and the fact that the ships fight back makes a big difference.

It could still use some serious rebalacing and suffers from using obsolete version of many of the craft that have seen 2-3 revisions of updates since.

It also solves the major issue that the Keen drones just suck.

23. G-Enigma Trainee Engineer

If you want to show speed in m/s not kph, you'll have to find each control seat/cockpit in the ship's terminal and un-check the "control wheels" checkbox (right below the "control thrusters" one), which will change the units for that seat.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  24. JD.Horx Senior Engineer

Ah, thank you very much!!!

25. JD.Horx Senior Engineer

• Like Like x 2
  26. The Churrosaur Junior Engineer

About damn time ;)

27. JD.Horx Senior Engineer

I'm learning for my exams, so I came up with this one...
    [​IMG]
    IMDC M-71 Rhino
    Heavy Siege Vehicle

What am I doing??? :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.