Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Iron, Whare to find it.

Discussion in 'General' started by tmike, Mar 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. tmike Apprentice Engineer

It seems to me that most iron is found In tropical, dessert, tundra are Arctic regions. if heels like you have to choose ether having a good supply of trees close at hand or having iron? looking for an environment suited for an Anglo-Celtic build. so any one have any suggestions.

2. Ghostickles Senior Engineer

You could try exploring the hills of the temperate margins/bands between the equator regions and poles. I have found a few such locations, but advise to keep as near the roads as possible. While these areas will have wood, stone and iron/metals there is not much else (roots and shrooms) so you may want that fast travel lane for gathering other resource. I have not yet found a spot which provides everything, and be fore warned iron deposits near forests are seldom good farming locations, though down in the valleys most forests will have a nice clearing that works well, you will have to make that call when you find the ore I suppose.

3. tmike Apprentice Engineer

what is it 2 ores per kingdom or 2 ores for region. I know keen said something about that, but its been to long, and I do not remember it not can I really find it!

4. Yurets Trainee Engineer

Two ore deposits per region most probably, since I definitely saw two ores in the same region.

About place - ore deposits are not so important (at least for me), since tools are reusable -> need only ~10-12 steel ingots to have all possible tools (till the rest of a game). And metal part can be produced from any kind of metal, so I use copper, since there were three copper deposits near start location. So, I choose locations next to/in the forest near any mountain with possibility to grow wheat to bake bread and fast travel for ores.

5. Lord Seth Trainee Engineer

yes., is tricky. You find iron without trees or trees without iron... but I found a cool spot on the very South edge of the North pole region (Umbril D8). In the same region you have forests with mushrooms and berries, a small fertile clear (I'm building a citadel there: Umbril D8, C8-E9), multiple small patches of iron (D8,A3 for example), stone, roads...

• Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.