Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Is Changing Grid Ownership in Survival Mode Intended to be So Simple?

Discussion in 'General' started by Spaceman Spiff, Feb 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

I admit that I'm often "slow" when it comes to the nuances of this game, but I recently discovered (and I use that term very loosely) that I can fly to an SPRT ship or base carrying only 10 internal plates, drop a passenger seat anywhere on the grid, weld it up (it only takes the 10 internal plates to make it functional), and change the ownership of all the grid's components to "Me". Now I own this biotch.

That just seems too simple to me. I mean, I feel like the grid whisperer or something. Is it supposed to be this simple and easy?

2. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

It isn't supposed to be that simple, it wasn't like that in the past. Plus that is the point of the hack and functional lines on the blocks that have ownership. You used to have to grind it down and re-weld to the hack line to take ownership.

3. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

I didn't think it was this easy in the past, but then I had this recent epiphany and tried it. Then I asked my son who said the same about thing as you: "I don't think it used to be that way."

4. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Hopefully it is a bug and will be caught and fixed. :)

5. Calaban Junior Engineer

I noticed that in playing The Game. I suspected it was part of the Corruption mod. Then tried it in vanilla. uh oh.

I hope its a recent oversight. Its far simpler than a passenger seat to hack an entire ship. all you need is access to their Kontrol console, and the clever "hack" of using ctrl-A to claim complete ownership. The Control Panel block is literally the simplest thing to slap onto a ship, like a hackers elite iphone.

6. Malware Master Engineer

Report it

7. ShadedMJ Apprentice Engineer

8. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

I am voting on it now :)

9. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

And here I thought it couldn't get any easier than a 10-plate passenger seat!
    --- Automerge ---
    Oh-no-sir...I don't squeal on anyone!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Silvrav Trainee Engineer

Dont even have to place a seat. Grind down any control panel to hack, reweld, enter control panel and change ownership of everything to you...hope it gets fixed and I voted

11. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

You don't have to, but I've found that putting a seat at an obscure and protected location is easier for me.

12. J-Cataclism Apprentice Engineer

...yeah... I´ve also"discovered" it a few weeks ago.. I even though I was SO smart, because I was just installing a new control panel on the Meridus IX spawner mod´s ships, just to change ownership and copycat the blueprint - if you try and hack any part, the ship may begin to turn around and try to shot you again. I still hadn´t realized that I could just go outside the game and copy the blueprint files from the folder instead... :-D

Anyway, it´s new for me to know that it´s in the stock game, not only something added from Meridus in his mod(s).

But I haven´t ever thought about your idea of installing a new seat.... so one doesn´t necessary need to search for the main one if they so desire to confiscate the vessel and take it home.

13. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Hopefully it is addressed when 1.189 launches.

14. spacecadet Trainee Engineer

It sure isn't simple in Survival. It is stupidly complicated, requiring potentially multiple parties online at the same time to pass PCU and block ownership. If those people are not online, and if the server say deletes unnamed grids every day - Good Game to you, friend. So the User Experience of this game degrades horribly around the point you start attempting to cooperate with others :/

15. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

I guess that's a good enough reason for me to continue to avoid that multiplayer experience.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Yeah I do not play all to well with others.. :)

17. Stardriver907 Senior Engineer

It's also the reason I haven't put my server online.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.