Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Is this game dead?

Discussion in 'General' started by Hester74, Apr 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Thales M. Senior Engineer

Empriyon has water. Anyway it would be better with frozen lakes like in Space Engineers than no water at all . I imagine bridges over deep water levels and islands would be cool

Last edited: May 25, 2017
  2. tmike Apprentice Engineer

yeah thats what I was thinking... both Risaing world and emperiron are voxel based games, have liquid water, thow the water is not flowing at least not in rising world... Though you could dig like a moat and use a bucket to fill the mote and the channel to it, I think if the could salve the flowing water issue it would add a lot to the game. One of the key limits on how deap you could dig a mine was not "was there still ore in it" but your ablaty to pump out, and manage water seeping ito the mine. Even if the can not find a way to let us build boats or large boats watter and issies with water would be right up the ally of an enginnering game.

3. mathias casaer Trainee Engineer

good things come to him he waits :)

this game lives!
    personally i really dig it how this game is being developed; steady, and with depth. It has a unique flavour of complexity and invites more and more to thinking medieval out of the box. The multiplay is full of fresh creativity and ideas of constructive people, for large part because of the way this is being developed, it's beautiful. I would love to see more (types of ) people playing online and i get the feeling that it's wise to choose quality over quantity and step by step we are priviliged to see this being accomplished.

Gameplay improvements over the last months are giving depth to the mechanics , the gameplay, and getting rid of epicly annoying and multispectral bugs.

I admit at times i long for a horse, and water, but then i'm consoling myself with the fact that this game defines being a medieval engineer in a unique and well tought of way instead of offering facile and known mechanics.
    And i'm sure that , the day when water arrives to ME, this will be tied in into all other aspects of the game in a way that no facile solution could provide.

as to various comparisons to other voxel games in this thread , from the perspective of apples and oranges , ME is a tree.

4. Pegas519 Apprentice Engineer

June, came and went. This is now July, Still silence and crickets sounds. 4 Months of nothing. Is this game dead? Honestly I don't know, but it is getting to look like it.

5. Thales M. Senior Engineer

It's normal to be silent between big updates. But if there were teasers of what'll come there'd be more interest to the game. Wait for the next update.

To me, it's more than a game at the moment. It's a strong tool of historical architectural design which I love.

6. Malware Master Engineer

Yeah. Completely dead. Ignore the public multiplayer tests that's been going on the last month or so :p

7. Roxette Senior Engineer

Really? I missed that they were testing multiplayer for Medieval Engineers as well as Space Engineers :/

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Malware Master Engineer

Dog gone it! It's not the first time I've done this. Never mind me then :D
    --- Automerge ---
    Pretty sure ME is no more dead than SE is though.

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. CptTwinkie Master Engineer

We're not dead. We're just not allowed to tease incomplete features like we used to. Since that's what we're working on, we can't really say much at this time. Things are progressing though. We'll have an update soon™ :p

10. peanutnutter Trainee Engineer

There's still a fair few players playing, i am renting a server from ascendservers and play with friends

11. DragonDoom Trainee Engineer

While understanding there's no teasers... is there any indication of when please ? :)
    There is, you understand, a great deal of interest in what the next patch/update may contain and when it might be introduced.
    I realise that asking when often invites the response 'how long is a piece of string ?' .. however any news would be gratefully received

12. CptTwinkie Master Engineer

We'll be announcing the release date soon:pbjt:

13. MorshuArtsInc Apprentice Engineer

Soon or Soon™?

14. CptTwinkie Master Engineer

Should be soon :D

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.