Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Issue with player gear and spawning

Discussion in 'General' started by Aaron Corbet, Apr 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Aaron Corbet Trainee Engineer

Hi All,

I am having an issue with my server where players dont spawn where they logged off. E.g. I was in space logged out last night and came back on today and spawned back on the planet where I built my starter, in doing so it also removed my inventory (couple of level 2 tools)

Can anyone point me to the right direction where to fix this in what I assume is the server settings?

Cheers!

2. Timuroslav Apprentice Engineer

You are correct it is a server setting. If you disconnect for more than an hour your character dies and their inventory drops and then disappears after a while. However, if you log out and reconnect to the server within 20 minutes you will still have your player inventory. These issues can be fixed by building a large grid Cryo Chamber and sleeping in it when has oxygen and power. Your inventory and tools and even hot bars will be saved, as long as the powered Cryo Chamber is has oxygen and is intact.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

My findings are that if you don't die during your session and simply log off, your character ends up respawning at your last respawn point. If you want to make sure you're tethered to your nearest survival block or medical room, suicide next to it and confirm you will respawn at it. Then you can safely log off and end up where you want. It's buggy, but that's my best work around.

The next trick, if you find yourself respawning not where you want to be is to have one timer built on every grid that you have a survival block on. Set the timer to turn the survival block ON , set the duration for five minutes, start the timer, then turn off the survival block. Now you can suicide and you should respawn at the next closest survival block. If that's not the right one, repeat the process for that block until you get to where you want to go. After five minutes the survival blocks you turned off will be on again (thanks to their timers) and you can continue the game as you expected to.

4. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Or like @Timuroslav said find (or build) a cryopod and hop in it before you log. A lot easier.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Aaron Corbet Trainee Engineer

Thanks all the cryo tube worked! :)

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.