Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Issues with Respawn Ship "Escape Pod" and unseen physics forces.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by BrickVoid, Apr 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. BrickVoid Trainee Engineer

There is an issue with controlling this ship, and quite simply put, it is this:

There currently is no way to tell in which direction one must point the single axis of thruster control this ship has in order to bring it to a complete stop.

Please fix the display so that uncontrolled thrust directional movement is shown in m/s in the axes that the ship does not have thrusters for. Also fix the display of ship in general so that one can tell what direction to thrust in from an external point of view. The backdrop is absolutely useless for measuring which way one is going, and asteroids in space are somewhat useful but highly dangerous to maneuver close to.

Also regarding ships of any type, why is it not possible to mark the location, speed, and direction of a ship I'm in on my GPS tab? If these ships get out of visual range, they become impossible to find and with this particular ship it's literally impossible to get an antenna fitted to it to provide tracking information on it.

it's all very well and good to try and get out so as to fix the thruster problem but if the ship keeps wandering off I need some way of tracking it down again.

Finally, I would like to ask that Keen examine all respawn ship types and overhaul them for the various custom starts that are available. An escape pod used in a planetary scenario would be better off, for instance, if it had some degree of atmospheric thrust capability on it. Ion thrusters are useless for landing on a planet's surface.

This will mean further overhaul of the respawn screen when you die, in order to facilitate that respawn ship types will match what scenario you're currently in.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

2. Zhiila Tester Staff

Hi,

This seems more like suggestion to me. I will send to designer to look at it but suggestions are mostly taken from https://feedback.keenswh.com, so I would share it there.

We are planning to do it but it doesn't seem to be as big issue as functionality and some bugs at this moment. So we are definitely going to look at it, I just think it will be one of last things to do.

Thanks for the feedback!

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.