Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

It's Official: Planets are coming this Thursday, November 12th! Post your reactions here.

Discussion in 'General' started by Xocliw, Nov 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Yaddah Apprentice Engineer

All I ever wanted
    All I ever needed
    Is here in my arms!

2. Ash87 Senior Engineer

Guys... I just saw the future...

The patch is going to be late...
    ...I'll believe it when it happens.

3. Pontiac Apprentice Engineer

Two points of view on this. Space Engineers <> Planetary Engineers. Some want it in, OK, fine, just not my play style for this kind of game. I get that it adds the "more to do" functions, but, I'd rather go play minecraft if I want to build on a planetary surface.

Second point of view is the breaking of fundamentals.

The act of mining is borked entirely with LOD issues, unable to verify where the minerals are, random disappearing asteroids, asteroids being way too hard or act like ghosts. Yeah, I could spawn in all the materials I want, however, I'm in the middle of building a mining ship in creative. I can't validate my design when asteroids have a mind of their own, ESPECIALLY when I can't see where the asteroid is. I've seen sim speeds go down to 0.15, and all 8 threads of my CPU spike to 100% when mining with just 13 drills. Check my system stats (See sig). Zero excuse when playing single player world on the machine.

Autopilot functionality, which was introduced in 1.083, has been broken since before 1.102 at LEAST. Random spinning at the end of the job, alignment issues when trying to get to the way point, not honoring the direction specified during the trigger events (Going from forward to down yields the ship still going forward). Why even have the block when it doesn't work as DESIGNED?

Lighting in this game since around 1.102 has also been horrific. Either no lights, or lights so bright that you're looking at a white screen.

I haven't played 107, and its astounding the number of NEW posts in the bug forum indicating new stuff is broken.

I'm so flip'n underwhelmed by this game right now that the BASICS are broken and constant new functionality is being added and random breakage of other things are occurring.

I look forward to when it gets fixed, but my reaction to planets is nothing better than a flat line.

I know they're adjusting vRage to whatever it needs to be adjusted to to get planets to work, but vRage shouldn't have any consideration towards the accuracy of a point in space where the AP decides it is an acceptable point to move to the next location. vRage shouldn't determine the absolute strength of the material I'm attempting to drill into. vRage does have everything to do with visuals, so lighting and asteroids I can somewhat understand the glitches.

I love the game. I love what it has to offer for me. I love the building aspects. I'd love to play the game, but I'd rather NOT punch a hole in my monitor when my giga-tonne miner gets bounced around in an asteroid like a paper rag doll because the game decided that an asteroid bit should actually be present at a location my ship just HAPPENS to be on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Crusoe Trainee Engineer

Gazing upon such beauty, admiring her serenity. Contemplating her magnificence; should man exploit her potential, her riches, her life?

2 days later:
    [​IMG]
    much better...

• Like Like x 3
  5. Mix-martes86 Senior Engineer

Huh, that wasn't there before. But it seems it now indicates the exact time, at Nov 12th, 19:00 CET (18:00 GMT).

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

well....
    because....
    i....
    for one.....
    HATE....
    those....
    freakin'......
    animals....

probably partly because im allergic for them :woot: and scent in general :woot:

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Dreokor Senior Engineer

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. Verkham Trainee Engineer

I've me ver been so exited for a game I will never have! :pbjt::pbjt::pbjt::pbjt:

:(

9. Pontiac Apprentice Engineer

Checked the bug forum lately? Good solid page (Filtering out other issues) out of the 3 pages I looked at of stuff not fixed from 102 to now, SOME of which has been fixed, I'll grant, but most of which has not been. Mining = Broken = No resource gathering = Essential to a 'Survivalist'. Lighting = Distracting = Not pleasant to look at.

Anyways, Keen asked for our reaction. They didn't say only good reactions. My reaction is that I'm underwhelmed by Planets because of the broken stuff it has introduced and their not having the resources to fix stuff from MONTHS ago. I only care to write my opinion because they asked AND I love the game. I just don't like its current state BECAUSE of what the work on Planets has done to my game play.

10. Bread Trainee Engineer

what planets are sabiroids supposed to be on?

11. Dreokor Senior Engineer

Impossible....another person from my country?! Here?!

Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
  12. Barfbag Trainee Engineer

If it wasn't for the fact that i'm terrible at art I would so make a robotic cat ship in space.

13. Dreokor Senior Engineer

You are assuming that everyone has the problem still, I've seen a lot of people to whom the issue has beeen solved or that never had the issue to begin with.

Still, I say that if you want to complain here about the game, do it in the right thread instead. This is the planet hype thread.

They did not ask for your opinion, they asked for your reaction which you've already provided before your lengthy post.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Shabazza Junior Engineer

Looks pretty. But no atmospheric heating?
    Seemless transition from space to atmosphere. Thats cool.
    I'm curious what an atmospheric ascent will be like. But I'm not that hyped about planets.
    I like dull donut asteroids and cold space more than "Medieval Engineers 2047" on a Planet.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Azzanine Apprentice Engineer

Neat, I will give planets a go when I am finally sick of playing FO4 some time in February... (maybe January)
    I haven't read the whole thread but surely I am not the first to state this.
    TBH it's a good thing, planets will have been polished, tried and tested by the time I get back in to Space Engineers, I won't have to deal with any of the annoying bugs that WILL come out of planets. Also the first iterations of the home built netcode should make me try multiplayer again, at least untill I develop a bad taste for the community like I did in minecraft.

16. Verkham Trainee Engineer

Oh lol.

Oh wow.

Maybe... do you know what an "Hallaca" is?

17. Sarekh Senior Engineer

I just went to the drawing board, thinking: Oh man, I gotta update all those planetary vehicles and bases I designed ages ago... but it turns out the world is corrupted - good thing, a fresh start and all!

• Like Like x 1
  18. PsicoPato Senior Engineer

Probably the mars like planet.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Dreokor Senior Engineer

Of course, christmas food that will be very expensive this year.

Palm leaves that cover a flour-based case of either chicken or meat with some vegetables.

20. tharkus Junior Engineer

My reaction:
    cat = me
    Cucumber = Planets release news

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  21. Arindel Trainee Engineer

Wow... you guys couldn't have picked a worse release date for planets. :(
    I mean... Fallout 4...
    Anyway, it's not like people will play FO4 exclusively for several months, but I will be here to try planets when they're released! Excited!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  22. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

just so i wont come and visit eh.... just say so and i'll leave you...... but why so rude...
    :woot:

23. grant.ivy Apprentice Engineer

Hopefully you update all the steam videos, and videos on the main menus, since those are severally outdated :). It can draw new people in ;p

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. Dax23333 Junior Engineer

Its going to be late. The counter will reach zero and the carltons will explode for no paticular reason and nothing will happen.

But that sounds like my weekend is planned out.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Veeeery first implementation of planets, mate, atmospheric caijun pepper may come at a later time.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  26. grant.ivy Apprentice Engineer

MP and Planets at the same time?? Conspiracy! :p

• Like Like x 1
  27. jlp1528 Apprentice Engineer

Woot woot! Er... Choo choo!!!

• Like Like x 6
  28. Iskaroth Trainee Engineer

Awesome! But war... War never changes.

• Funny Funny x 1
  29. Verkham Trainee Engineer

Okay, I didn't expect to find a fellow Venezuelan in the forum.

And indeed will be expensive, luckily we can find the ingredients at a rather purchasable price, and with not much need of waiting in 3 hours long lines and what not.

• Like Like x 1
  30. mos Apprentice Engineer

Oh dear... oh dear... oh dear... now I'm excited! :D

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.