Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Join the Fight on Fountain Core: 24/7 Survival PvP

Discussion in 'Groups & Dedicated Servers' started by Cyber Cheese, May 5, 2019.

1. Cyber Cheese Apprentice Engineer

Fountain Core is always looking for new players--if you are interested in 1.0 sim speed and minimal latency on a longstanding survival server, even during group combat, Fountain Core is the right place for you.

Server: se.fountaincore.com:27016
    Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/hewpRgx
    Web: www.fountaincore.com
    Physical location: NA, East Coast

You do not have to invest time in this server before seeing how it really plays in combat: watch these videos showing actual players (including yours truly) fighting un-scripted battles on the server.

Fountain Core uses modded resources to promote player interaction. Thorium and Mercurite are required for upgraded blocks, such as weapons, armor, reactors, thrusters, and gyroscopes. Each modded ore is extremely heavy and only available at their own asteroid field in low orbit of Earth and Mars--or in limited quantities on NPC freighters that occasionally spawn in a set area. (NPCs are from the Corruption mod.) As each of these three locations has published coordinates, players often have to fight to get those resources.

Fountain Core is modded to make building up faster, but still take enough work for players to be invested in their creations. Drills and welders have a wider area of effect, refineries are much faster, Easy Inventory is enabled, and the Build and Repair block will automatically complete unfinished blocks, provided you give it enough power and components.

Combat mods also rebalance the game to avoid stalemates and make turret spam less decisive. Missiles are buffed for dog-fighting, as projectiles move fast enough that self-explosions can be avoided and dodging missiles takes a lot more effort. On top of that, stalemates in large grid combat are rare because of high damage siege missile launchers and 230 mm cannon turrets that are easier to dodge than vanilla weapons, but do far more damage. Escaping a battle is also harder on Fountain Core thanks to the mod blocks jump inhibitor and interdiction web. The jump inhibitor is a large grid block that disables jump drives within 8 km. The interdiction web is a small grid block that slows large grids within 8 km to about 67 m/s.

Thank you for reading. More details are listed on Fountain Core's website. I hope you will join the fight on Fountain Core!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  2. bleakhead Trainee Engineer

Several questions:
    1. Where is the server located?
    2. Since the speed mod, the gravity spawnships will always crash into the gravity of the planet, correct?
    3. What is the maximum of players and what is the average count of players?

3. Cyber Cheese Apprentice Engineer

Bleakhead,

Thank you for your interest.

1. The server is in North America, on the East Coast. (I have updated the OP with this.)
    2. Our server has custom spawn ships for the planets. They are not easy to fly, but they can be landed.
    3. Max players 30. Daily max in the last 10 days has been between 15 and 22 people. I do not know the average outside of peak times, but it can get down to 5 or 6 in off-hours in NA timezones.

4. bleakhead Trainee Engineer

All in all the server sounds quite good. So, I am from Germany. I think the ping could increase a bit, but since the general performance issues of the multiplayer part of SE, I will try it today or no later than tomorrow.