Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Jump Drive range broken, can only jump 36km?

Discussion in 'General' started by Netherspark, Aug 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Netherspark Trainee Engineer

I'm having a problem in my main world - the range of Jump Drives is reduced to a maximum of 36km.

I have removed all mods but the problem remains. It is isolated to this specific world, if create a new world it works fine, though if I create a duplicate world the problem carries over. It has nothing to do with mass since I've tested it on a 'ship' that was comprised of only 15 light armor blocks, 1 jump drive, 1 reactor and a flight seat and still I could only jump 36km. Even new jump drive blocks from mods suffer the same problem.

I have no idea what could be causing it and it is killing my ability to play the game.

2. CyberBlaster Trainee Engineer

Did you check to make sure that world isn't limited to a certain size?

3. Netherspark Trainee Engineer

Yeah, nothing to do with that.

I should also point out that I've been playing this world for years and this problem only appeared a couple of weeks ago.

4. May Rears Apprentice Engineer

Has the drive only just been built? I've noticed that just after drives are built they show a maximum jump range of only a few km. When they are charged for the first time they show the correct maximum range.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Netherspark Trainee Engineer

Nono, they are fully charged and able to jump. It's just the max range is barely 5% of what it should be.

6. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

If this world is a couple of years old then all of the updates could have potentially broken it. When you say you duplicate the world I am assuming you are going in and doing a save as and naming it something different and that is why your problem carries over. I have a few old worlds that are a few years old a couple just will not load at all, and there is one that no matter what I do, nothing will move through the conveyor system anymore. Then there is another that my ships literally go from 0 to 100 m/s in one second. So long story short if you want to continue your world, it may best be done recreating from scratch in a brand new world save. :(

7. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

I had a similar thing happen awhile back. I fixed it by going to the “I” screen and changing ownership of everything to “nobody”, then back to “me”. Then it worked.

8. Netherspark Trainee Engineer

This didn't work. It's a bug that affects every jump drive, every ship.

Yeah, I was hoping I wouldn't need to do this as I have a large underground base set into a very specific position. It would be an absolute nightmare to import it into a new world.

9. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Oh, man, it truly sucks to be you.

10. Burstar Apprentice Engineer

Try converting the ship to station and back, via merge block if necessary. No idea if this will work, but desperate times and all that....

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.