Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Just a couple of ideas

Discussion in 'General' started by 333546323, Jun 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. 333546323 Apprentice Engineer

Just some cosmetic ideas
    .pressure plate
    .trash can
    .plant in a cylinder type can
    .Cylinder batteries
    And missles to follow targets just a little bit tho by like 20% only tho.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

They are sliding doors, not airlock doors.

• Like Like x 1
  3. 333546323 Apprentice Engineer

The cube doors are sliding doors? Opps welp we need airlocks doors now lol

4. SpecFrigateBLK3 Senior Engineer

Or, y'know, you could engineer one like everyone else. Two sliding doors work, though some loss of atmo will be inevitable.
    Missiles don't seek at all after firing. 20% of zero equals zero.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Malware Master Engineer

Yeah. I will be extremely disappointed if they release an all-in-one airlock block. There's so little engineering in this game already, please let me engineer at least the airlock system...

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. SpecFrigateBLK3 Senior Engineer

If you must have one, there are mods.

7. Timuroslav Apprentice Engineer

Actually, I'm with Malware on this one. I don't want premade solutions. I want different function blocks. a Hatch block or a 2x2x1 split hatch door would be cool. I want to make missile silos.

Premade solutions take engineering out of the game.

I don't want a premade ballistic turret. I want Ballistic turret components. Barrels, firing blocks, magazine conveyors, turret turn tables. I want to design my own turrets with different block options.

I think the exception I would make would be a Radar block. Because, all the Radar mods and scripts hurt the game performance in a big way. I don't see that being put in the game without causing performance trouble.

8. 333546323 Apprentice Engineer

The cube doors are sliding doors? Opps welp we need airl
    ...I know they dont follow I was saying if they added a little bit of following into them
    --- Automerge ---
    Well they took out air from the world setting and most servers dont use it so airlocks are kinda usless in the first place
    --- Automerge ---

9. Malware Master Engineer

My airlocks are fully automated, pressurizing/depressurizing systems. While I choose to use scripting to do this, it's also doable with timers. I'd call that engineering.
    --- Automerge ---
    Btw what do you need a pressure plate for that a sensor can't do?

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. 333546323 Apprentice Engineer

Yah I know how to make an airlock.
    Idk pressureplates seem alot easier especialy for new players becaus you can just step on it to turn on/off something

11. Nacon Junior Engineer

This thread sounds more like suggestions, which posted in the wrong place.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. 333546323 Apprentice Engineer

True

13. Malware Master Engineer

Sensor on the floor, turn down all sizes to the minimum, voila, "pressure plate". I actually use that with an extended top (6.5m I think) for automated doors... because I'm too lazy to open doors :p

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Nacon Junior Engineer

Do you want spiders getting inside your ship? That's how you get spiders. (and wild dogs)

15. Malware Master Engineer

Sure, if one's clever enough to leave the sensor on detecting everything... :p

16. NoThanks Apprentice Engineer

I engineer all my airlocks, using a few timer blocks, sensors, and airlock triggers. Also you don't have to lose much O2 in the cycle if your airlock features a vent. And you lose even less if you create a system (I call them air dumps) to retain excess O2 that cannot be pumped into a full tank. Usually just an isolated pair of tanks with an airvent on their own conveyor system. I have however been having problems recently with timers/airvents/sensor triggers. I set up an airlock just the other day, and screwed up one of my timer blocks... after fixing everything it seems like I have a ghost timer block somewhere, still triggering things even though I removed all the old triggers... No idea what's going on there (happened after last patch) But I haven't seen anyone else complaining about trigger problems with block action bars so... I have to assume it's just me.

17. dispair Apprentice Engineer

To the original post. There are lots of doors in the game. Piston and blast door is the big meaty door. Of course if your brave pistons and rotors combine in to fantastic boarding ramps. Flat doors are just doors, and the big sliding door is an upgrade with less hitbox. Then airtight doors are nice and easy mode, I use them for hangers and interior doors with a sensor to open them.

To the other guy, if you put a suggestion in general then you obviously just want to talk about it.

Malware covered plates well.

Keen so far has ignored decorative blocks.

18. FoolishOwl Junior Engineer

I'd actually been misled by the way the sliding door blocks were placed in the Easy Start bases; I'd guessed that a pair of them were meant to act as an airlock, but they're oriented wrong, so there's no place to stand between them. (Also, why have an airlock inside the pressurized area, but not between the pressurized area and the exterior?) When they're oriented correctly, you've got that disk in the middle to stand on, while opening and closing the doors. It seems strongly implied that they're meant to function in pairs as a simple airlock.

One sub-project added to my work-in-progress: scripting, so that in a designated pair of sliding doors, if one door is open and you try to open the other, it closes the first open door.

19. Me 10 Jin Apprentice Engineer

I wouldn't mind if doors had built-in sensors (detecting characters only). Sensor clutter ain't pretty.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.