Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Just Scored the Decorations Pack

Discussion in 'General' started by Spaceman Spiff, Apr 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Yeah, baby...what's $4 between friends?

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. FoolishOwl Junior Engineer

It looks good. And this is stuff I've been asking for, for a long time. $4 seems reasonable for optional content.

This seems like a reasonable approach.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. ObjectZero Apprentice Engineer

For the people who don't know what @Spaceman Spiff is talking about. Here is the link to it.

• Informative Informative x 3
  4. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

I was so excited I almost peed my pants. Thanks, @ObjectZero, for clarifying what I was talking about.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. ObjectZero Apprentice Engineer

I have to agree @Spaceman Spiff really nice blocks for the price. The armory (cause it's one of the blocks I asked for) and the new cockpit alone make it worth while. The rest is icing on the cake.

...On the down side, now I have to grind down my ship again to make room for upgrades.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. FoolishOwl Junior Engineer

But now there's a block for taking care of that, instead.

Seriously, I'd have thought a toilet block was a joke -- it's the classic thing to joke about being absent in a game environment -- but they really made an effort to make it look realistic. (Well, realistic, assuming that astronauts are very diligent about cleaning.)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. ObjectZero Apprentice Engineer

...now I'm wondering what damage effect is used when you damage a toilet. I'll feel a little cheated if they didn't use the green gas effect from the reactors.

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. FoolishOwl Junior Engineer

Some of my designs, I've got empty spaces where some of this will fit in nicely, and existing blocks I've put in for decoration that I can replace with more appropriate blocks.

• Like Like x 1
  9. J-Cataclism Apprentice Engineer

..i LOVED them, the new blocks!

10. Keten Kennek Trainee Engineer

I guess $4 isn't much if you only bought ONE license.
    Don't tell me you fanbois only bought ONE license ?!

11. Sarekh Senior Engineer

I like the "Expanse" vibe I get from them - But I admit, I feel a little guilty towards the passage way - the most versatile of them blocks that don't do anything but are a bed.

You did well, passage way, you did well

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. May Rears Apprentice Engineer

I like the look of the new cockpit :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. ObjectZero Apprentice Engineer

I'm sure it's just hind site on Keen's part. But they really should have made a new bundle in Steam for this.

14. SileniusFF Apprentice Engineer

Haven't tried new blocks yet, but liked what i saw in trailer. Bought the DLC and will use what i got with it for sure.
    New cockpit with those sweet LCD-s (which finally have use) is especially cool.
    Must say this was bigger surprise than many past updates.
    Only downside is many of my builds now need serious redesign :p

And of course there is already rant going on about
    "these greedy bastards for asking 3.3 euros for DLC as all should know that DLC-s are evil".

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. J-Cataclism Apprentice Engineer

....I think you´re gonna be crazy-mad if you start to think on how many apartments in your three scenarios could use these upgrades...

:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Sarekh Senior Engineer

Already on it! So far the joy is bigger than the madness ^^

• Like Like x 1
  17. Yeoman Trainee Engineer

I love these new blocks. Always wanted some vanilla decoration blocks. Totally worth the price.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

You know what, I don't even care if Keen makes it all available free after a reasonable time like a year or two.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. DragonShadow Apprentice Engineer

Bought it the second it was available, no regrets, haha.

20. May Rears Apprentice Engineer

It probably already is somewhere if the DLC modules are moddable.

21. bleakhead Trainee Engineer

This is not realy true, because to use the mods, you need the DLC pack. So Its true, modders can expand the DLC but only for the players who paid for the DLC.
    -- Said from Marrek in 1.90 Livestream.

22. May Rears Apprentice Engineer

Hopefully so otherwise it makes them being DLC pointless if all that needs doing is changing a line from "NeedsDlc=True" to "NeedsDlc=False" or somesuch.

• Funny Funny x 1
  23. bleakhead Trainee Engineer

This is ... ehm... cracking? :D But there are already players, which have the deco objects without paying them. I think they are liars and want to troll but its possible. I do not want to judge about keen. They are good programmers but I do not like the way, here we create the first steps ... should the community implement the fancy shit. This is in minecraft the fact and what we get from them? Paid mods. Until this moment I will change my mind. But for now I enjoy to sit in my "overpowered" and "fancy" cockpit :D or toilett

24. May Rears Apprentice Engineer

Well there are more coming, the pack is called Decorative Pack #1 which is a good indication there could be more. As long as modders are still allowed to make similar modules that are free as they currently are then I am fine with it. We still have the choice to not use the DLC ones. If (big if) they lock the cockpit cubeblock, for example, from modders and only allowed their own DLC cockpits then thats when I won't be fine with it.

25. bleakhead Trainee Engineer

Totaly true and there are not only decorative packs. Weapons and ECONOMY is comming too. So we get actual CONTENT wohhoooo this is amazing:carlton:

As I know Keen the price will be low as possible. I do not think the price will rise over round 8$ (Full game Price / 2 = Maximum DLC Price), so i see no problems with paid content.

But I think we all can rise the storm of shit, after the weapon dlc. Then we see if its pay 2 win...

26. ObjectZero Apprentice Engineer

I'm not really sure what other decorative block they could offer. They covered a far bit with this one (even the kitchen sink). Not saying they won't just can't think of any I'd really want myself.

But I have to agree with @bleakhead on the not making weapon a DLC. While I'd most likely buy it anyways, but there are a lot of faults with doing it with weapons. Even different thrusters would be a problem, but I see it as less of a problem then weapons. I still do hope we get some weapon upgrades.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Sarekh Senior Engineer

Shower
    Table
    Sideboard
    Internal Walls
    Wall alternative textures
    Medical Bed
    Pipes

500 million versions of them, too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  28. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Here's the one question no one has asked about the DLC: Why do I have to poop where everyone can see me? Where's the door? Where's the magazine rack? Why, Keen, why!?!

(Come to think of it, those are several questions...)

• Informative Informative x 1
  29. ObjectZero Apprentice Engineer

Why did you build your toilet where everyone can see you and why are you not using a tablet for reading like everyone else in the future?

30. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Those are good questions.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.