Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

KeenSWH Keen Software House – Marek’s message to fans announcing GoodAI

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by George.Mamakos, Jul 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. George.Mamakos

Dear Fans,

I’m writing you with some important news: today I announced GoodAI, a Keen Software House sister company developing general artificial intelligence. In this message, I’d like to tell you a little more about the company, and especially about how I think GoodAI will be able to make Keen Software House games even better.

You might have seen my blog posts here and here about GoodAI when it was still a research project under the Keen Software House umbrella. Starting an AI company has always been my dream (along with developing top games, of course), and I’m excited to be taking the next step in realizing that dream.

I am CEO of both GoodAI and Keen Software House. My role in GoodAI is to maintain our vision, driving both the research side and the business side of the company at the same time. I push the team to achieve our mission: develop general artificial intelligence, be helpful to humanity, and learn more about the universe.

Our companies are currently divided into games and AI, and we will keep it that way. We are planning, however, to introduce artificial intelligence technology into Space and Medieval Engineers in the next few months. As part of GoodAI’s development, our team created a visual tool called Brain Simulator where users can design their own artificial brain architecture. We released Brain Simulator to the public today for free under and open-source, non-commercial license – anyone who’s interested can access Brain Simulator and start building their own artificial brain.

By integrating Brain Simulator into Space Engineers and Medieval Engineers, players will have the option to design their own AI brain for the games and implement it, for example, as a peasant character. Players will also be able to share these brains with each other or take an AI brain designed by us and train it to do things they want it to do (work, obey its master, and so on). The game AIs will learn from the player who trains them, and will have the ability to compete with each other.

This integration will make playing Space Engineers and Medieval Engineers more fun, and at the same time our AI technology will gain access to millions of new teachers and a new environment. We are giving AI to players, and we are bringing players to our AI researchers.

I am very happy with the overall progress of our games, and our development will not slow down when we start to integrate AI technology. Planets, new multiplayer, and Xbox porting are all progressing as planned. You can look forward to more information about these features, plus some further info about AI in games, in a future blog post.

Thanks!

Marek Rosa
    CEO and founder

---

For more information, check out the GoodAI website: www.GoodAI.com
    Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GoodArtificialIntelligence
    Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/GoodAIdev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.