Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Kite Fighter Mk 3 Release! - Whiplash Military Industries (WMI)

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by Whiplash141, Jun 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Whiplash141 Junior Engineer

It should. I'm going to work on making the setup instructions later on this week, but I'd like to get the drop pods out the door (if Keen hotfixes merges). If not, then tank it is :p

It is primarily named for how the craft appears to have "hunched shoulders" when you look from the front :)

2. Timberwolf Apprentice Engineer

That hull is awesome!
    It reminds me of Battetech tanks.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Whiplash141 Junior Engineer

Added a loading bar to the image converter. Also, I added in a "Nuke" button that you can abort the loading process if it is taking too long :D
    I'll update the public Git once I clean up the mess I made in the code haha.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sarekh Senior Engineer

I've given in to my urge and built a rotor turret with your script. It was awesome. Then I caved and built 6 more. Now I am stuck with the decision to place them on stuff. If Clang gets me after all that years avoiding rotors I will blame you while watching my bricks being torn apart.

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. SaturaxCZ Senior Engineer

I think you can blame only Clang when rotors explode :tu: even script from Whiplash141 can not control power of almighty Clang. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Sarekh Senior Engineer

But the temptation!

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Whiplash141 Junior Engineer

• Like Like x 3
  8. Whiplash141 Junior Engineer

My brothers and sisters of Space Engineers, today we bear witness to of one of the greatest hotfixes of all time: Merge blocks work!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

@Whiplash141

I added a little sort routine to the Weapon Sequencer script. Now my rocket launchers fire in alphabetical order in accordance to the custom name... yeah.

I'm not going to publish or republish the entire script so I only posted the line of code before it. Basically, it takes all of the custom names of the blocks in the sequence_weapons list then creates a list of their custom names, sorts that, clears the sequence_weapons list, then rebuilds it based off the custom names in the sortNames list.

Now everything fires in the order I want. Just don't use duplicate names. That shit gets messy.

Now that merge blocks are fixed... it is time to release the drop pod script...

Code:
     GridTerminalSystem.SearchBlocksOfName(unique_identification_string, sequence_weapons, isGun);

//Ronin's Alpha Sort
                List<String> sortNames = new List<String>();
                for(int i=0;i<sequence_weapons.Count;i++)
                {
                    sortNames.Add(sequence_weapons[i].CustomName);
                }
                sortNames.Sort();
                sequence_weapons.Clear();
                for(int i=0;i<sortNames.Count;i++)
                {
                    sequence_weapons.Add(GridTerminalSystem.GetBlockWithName(sortNames[i]));
                }

• Like Like x 1
  10. Whiplash141 Junior Engineer

Challenge accepted! :p

Edit: Challenge completed! Code has been updated :)
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=510805229

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Veritas Apprentice Engineer

Halle-fucking-lujah, finally time to resume work on PMW bomber craft (when I get time).

• Like Like x 2
  12. halipatsui Senior Engineer

Time yo update eviscerator to shoot in a better pattern :)
    Strangely your script made the missile salvo to form a sine wave in air lol

13. Whiplash141 Junior Engineer

Dropship release tomorrow :)
    [​IMG]

In other news, breaking an antenna while it is receiving messages causes a CTD, so the Komodo is shelved :/

See, I'm trying not to use the cross grid exploit, but it is hard not to when the exploits don't crash my bloody game...

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

My thought is to be able to drop an emergency resupply pod from the wing of a fighter/attack craft. Variant one will be a straight grav drop. Variant 2 will use a modified version of the optically guided script, then switch over drop pod mode when it gets within so many meters of the ground.

And of course, a ground based vehicle that can be jettisoned and land on its tires.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sarekh Senior Engineer

Oooh, I am going to have to put your stuff against mine and make a video from that some time. It will result in something like that:

"This is a creation of Whip, look at that fancy lines"
    "Naah, be careful, it's got scripts and shits and giggles, it's designed to be mean as fruit!"
    "yes, but we have redundant systems and HOLY F*CK, WHY IS THERE A HOLE IN THE MIDDLE SECTION, WE HAVEN'T STARTED, YET!"

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. halipatsui Senior Engineer

Vut?

17. Sarekh Senior Engineer

Well, Whip's ships look all fancy and stuff and thus one might come to think that they are more for looks. But They got all kinds of nasty functions and PMW that will render any carefully designed but conservative (as in "armour, turrets, that's it") design quickly inferior if one does not look out for missiles or rotor-turrets.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. halipatsui Senior Engineer

Yeah ^^ whip certainly has made battlwfields of space engineers much mlre dangerious place to live :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Whiplash141 Junior Engineer

Variant one will be very easy to implement without modification :)

20. carnivore Apprentice Engineer

[​IMG]
    I passed Whiplash on my way to work this morning.

• Funny Funny x 4
  21. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

He's damn sexy dressed as a cheerleader.

• Funny Funny x 2
  22. halipatsui Senior Engineer

I wonder if whip was caged that night

23. Whiplash141 Junior Engineer

• Like Like x 3
  24. AutoMcD Senior Engineer

can you add text panel to the list of sizes? I see you also have custom but i don't know the resolution offhand..

25. Whiplash141 Junior Engineer

Text panel has the same dimension as a square LCD. The aspect ratio is just messed up.

26. AutoMcD Senior Engineer

we already went over this didn't we? :|
    sorry

27. Whiplash141 Junior Engineer

No worries :)

28. halipatsui Senior Engineer

You did not tell did you get caged:mad:

29. SaturaxCZ Senior Engineer

He dont need to comment stupid questions... there was no witnessis, last was found second day in morning and was unable to testify ( probably after he let it throught his head, he changed his mind )
    ( 3 knifed in back and then shoot his head from behind on 7 meters = clear suicide ) + Whiplash141 is member of that not named group ;)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

30. Whiplash141 Junior Engineer

• Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.