Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

KUS Civilian Systems & Starships Inc.

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by Tyriosh, Aug 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Tyriosh Apprentice Engineer

2. Anoth Junior Engineer

Wow that is one good looking ship =D

3. Tristavius Senior Engineer

I really like it Tyriosh - the overall feel is really good and your use of Door blocks ends externally is quite cool. Internally I love the split level bridge and the use of doors as blast shields is genius - I'm amazed none of us have though of it yet (as far as I've seen anyway, and I look at a lot of stuff, apologies to anyone that did). The quarters are also very cool (I love it when people actually include them to begin with) and the bunk ladder is a superb touch.

4. Tyriosh Apprentice Engineer

Thank you, guys ;).

5. Leadfootslim Senior Engineer

Pretty slick!

6. theblackcompany Trainee Engineer

Well it certainly is pretty. I have problems building pretty things... they like blowing up on me. Honestly the first ship I've seen today that might be fun in survival. Mammoth sized ships make me cringe lol.

7. Tyriosh Apprentice Engineer

8. DaePrice Apprentice Engineer

when you post, along the top of the text box is your text options. It goes font family, font size, color, Bold/italics/underline, bullet style, link, image, video, code, quotes, smiley type.

Click the image button, and insert the links as you did earlier. it will then show up in the forum.

9. Gattaca Trainee Engineer

I would recommend a different method of uploading next time. Either make them an album, embed them so we don't even need to click links, or host them somewhere else. Every one of those links gave me a popup that wouldn't easily close(with adblocker up).

Thanks in advance.

10. Bad_Idea Apprentice Engineer

I recommend Imgur for this, a great site for image hosting. Please don't upload them to the Usersub (public) gallery though, this only annoys people.

11. Tristavius Senior Engineer

Indeed I'm a big fan of Imgur - free, easy and I've never seen them take an image down due to bandwidth.

12. Bad_Idea Apprentice Engineer

Images stay up forever as long as they're visited on-site at least once every six months!

13. VilniusNastavnik Apprentice Engineer

^This.. If it cannot be made quickly and efficiently in survival, what is the point, when faction wars start to be an actual thing there won't be any of this 400 hours of build time.. it will be a dive in, find an asteroid and start producing.
    You could also use Photobucket. open the album, copy the direct link and click the tree picture icon when posting in the forums to paste the picture link.
    But to the ship.. Certainly is something to look at. My concern though is with the weak hull, it has no weapons, wouldn't a blockade runner need at least 1 or 2 Gattling turrets for Anti Missile Defence? But, that being said, it is an extremely beautiful ship.

14. Tyriosh Apprentice Engineer

Hey guys, I´m sorry for not responding, but my browser wouldnt let me subscribe :confused:.

So here is another new ship, this time a trading ship, which features some refineries, Assemblers and cargo, so ist maybe even useful in survival.

JUst take a look and enjoy :).

KUS Asterí-Class Merchant Ship

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Workshop Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=315651021

15. The Churrosaur Junior Engineer

Love the cleanness and use of angles. Almost feels like a default ship :)

16. Wizlawz Master Engineer

Really great design! seems to flow together

if you are talking of the doors like this:

[​IMG]

i use them like that all the time...they are much easier to go through.....as blast shields...im not so sure they would stand up to it.

17. Tyriosh Apprentice Engineer

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2014
  18. Tyriosh Apprentice Engineer

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Tristavius Senior Engineer

Oooh, liking the more vertical profile!

20. Tyriosh Apprentice Engineer

Thank you ;)

Well, i was trying to make something new. Didnt work with the "normal" shape, so i tried something different.

21. Tyriosh Apprentice Engineer

By the way, guys, what do you think about using modded blocks for workshop items? At the Moment i am only releasing vanilla stuff, but i am not sure about the future. Well, sure some stuff does really look great, but i am afraid that someday it doesnt work with new SE Versions or the modder doesnt update it.
    ( Sorry for grammar mistakes .:( )

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2014
  22. Brenner Junior Engineer

I like it, it reminds me a bit of a Star Wars B wing fighter.

Personally I use loads of mods.

Your concerns that some mods might stop to work are perfectly valid though - some mods got temporarily broken by game updates in the past, and there were also cases of modders stopping the support for their mods. Usually another modder volunteered to take over the support for the mods though, for example Shaostoul for Hammerman's mods.

But then again, even vanilla creations can break with game updates, especially mechanically complicated creations. My MPAC ("Modular Piston Autofire Cannon") for example was broken for 2 weeks while the devs modified the piston code.

I have also seen other creation break forever.
    Other creations are still functional and were just obsoleted by new blocks - for example, the complicated rotor based sliding doors of old times, when pistons weren't out yet.
    Others just look old fashioned now, for example my pre fighter-cockpit fighters.

I don't worry very much about my creations breaking or going out of fashion though. I have fun while creating stuffing, and if it breaks later, no big deal, I can always repair it - or ignore it and build something new.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2014
  23. gFleka Junior Engineer

Amazing ship Tyriosh, it looks so much space engineers themed and realistic at the same time I love it :thumb:

24. Tyriosh Apprentice Engineer

Thanks for the long reply Brenner ;), guess im looking for some mods now. And gFleka, thanks for being so kind :p.

25. damoran Junior Engineer

Awesome vertical designs!

You created a nice form without using a ton of blocks.

26. Sentinel-Ghost Apprentice Engineer

Very clean and sleek designs as always, keep it up!

27. Dwarf-Lord Pangolin Senior Engineer

Why have I not seen more of your stuff before, Tyriosh?! This is excellent!

BTW, I love the way you make the hulls of your ships have all those fine details. Lots of greeblies. ;)

28. Tyriosh Apprentice Engineer

Haha, thanks you guys.;)

Any idea, what i should build next? At the Moment i dont really have an idea what to do.

29. Tristavius Senior Engineer

Time to go big! Your more civilian orientated craft make a nice addition to the primarily military Phoenix lineup. Time for a serious cargo hauler perhaps!

30. Tyriosh Apprentice Engineer

So Tristavius, what about this? ;) I will add cargo sections attached with connectors.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.