Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

KUS Civilian Systems & Starships Inc.

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by Tyriosh, Aug 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Tyriosh Apprentice Engineer

So I tried using way more deconstructed blocks, hope you like it ;).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Needs some finetuning, but you see the idea :).

2. Agnar Apprentice Engineer

I love that ship docked to it in the bottom picture!

3. Tyriosh Apprentice Engineer

Its the Deuterios, posted it here somewhere some time ago. ;)

4. Tyriosh Apprentice Engineer

Working on These things now, any idea what to do next?

5. AutoMcD Senior Engineer

Looks cool. Care to share it? :)

The partially finished blocks look cool but that will be hard to replicate on a projector survival build.

6. PyreStarite Junior Engineer

Love the Station and Frigate KUS

7. KC32 Trainee Engineer

Looks pretty cool!

2 things though:

1: I'm kind of OCD and those unwelded parts would stay that way for all of 10 seconds.

2: This is literally the first thing I thought of when you added the solar panels:

8. Levits Senior Engineer

I'm much the same with KC for my preference with unfinished blocks, but you can certainly see the aesthetic enhancement of the non-finished blocks. As for the ship and station, they both look great. The station looks like it has a modular design with that other section facing away from the camera. Is that second section a similar nature, as the section up front, with just added cargo containers and a refinery or is it a bigger or different part of the design itself. I'm under the impression that you can keep adding those sections to it until it has four or more connected to it.

9. Tyriosh Apprentice Engineer

Wrote some text, but site crashed :(

Nvm, I got way to much stuff floating around in my storage worlds, and I cant get to finish anything (big) , instead I start new stuff

[​IMG]

( Any idea for this one? )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Tyriosh Apprentice Engineer

Btw, could anybody help me with heavy armor on warships? Ist extremly ugly to have these dark Areas for example on the dark green im using, Id like to know how i could avoid this/how do you deal with this?

11. Howitz Junior Engineer

Only solution is to apply bright white so maybe do this and add a layer of light armor on green areas

12. Agnar Apprentice Engineer

Pure black hides the camo as well... I typically make any heavy armour pure white or pure black because they hide the camo best.

I wanna know what nimrod at keen thought camo pattern heavy armour was a good idea.

13. Tyriosh Apprentice Engineer

I gonna finish and upload this one tomorrow, together with the one I posted in the Creations thread later:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Other than that, I counted my designs I should finish and came to 16 ships I could uplaod with some work, guess Im a lazy Person :(.

14. Bad_Idea Apprentice Engineer

Now that's a design i like.

15. Tyriosh Apprentice Engineer

16. Tyriosh Apprentice Engineer

So, I tried writing some kind of lore for KUS, but remember: English isn't my native language ;) It's Set in lordcommissars phoenix lore.

KUS Background:

After the wars at Mars in the late 2040s, and the founding of the first state of the Phoenix Republic in 2051 on the Saturn moon Titan, two scientists and engineers from Europe, saw the the first generation of colonists, that weren't born on Earth. They felt it as their duty to help this new generation setting up a new home among the stars.
    So they formed the KUS shipyards, together with other engineers, that disliked working for military organizations like the Phoenix Navy or later Tristavian Shipyards. Despite the peaceful philosophy of the shipyards, they still provide resources and infrastructure, to build the starships of the Navy. To make sure these ships are only used for defense purposes, they had full insight in all fleet orders. Today, in an aera of a fragile peace between the colonies of the outer solar system and earth, more and more freelancer kinds of ships were designed and given to the young generation. In 2076 the members of the shipyards were highly received throughout the whole republic and so given the honour to form an own state amongst the others of the Phoenix Federal Republic.

17. Tyriosh Apprentice Engineer

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Howitz Junior Engineer

Woah tyriosh, that by far the most ugly ship you've ever made :-D are you resistant to progress? Still using ramp as 2x1 when we have the new blocks?

19. Dwarf-Lord Pangolin Senior Engineer

Nice! And yeah, it's really surprising how much can be fit into a small ship; I've been making a no-mods version of my yacht to get ready for release, and getting the atmosphere equipment in was easier than I thought it would be.

20. Tyriosh Apprentice Engineer

[​IMG]

@Zeratul

21. Agnar Apprentice Engineer

Loving it!

I like the ramps over you using the silly new blocks, they're kinda integral to your style now

22. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

agreed. the ramps are very important to your more gritty style. making things smoother would ruin it.

Zeratul is just jealous because he never found the motivation to finish a large ship :p

23. Howitz Junior Engineer

:-D one day it shall come sir lord commissar

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2015
  24. Dwarf-Lord Pangolin Senior Engineer

Speaking of the ramps, I really love how you're using the "half-ramps" on this. It works so well.

25. Howitz Junior Engineer

Work well and saves weight, good thing to do anytime its possible, mostly on small ship where a full block or a half block weight the same. So tip of the day= don't finish your ramps if it looks acceptable :-D

26. Tyriosh Apprentice Engineer

The one thing I'm missing about the new blocks are the edges, what gives them a somewhat damaged look, also thank you guys ;)

27. Howitz Junior Engineer

Yeah, I have'nt tried to use the deforming blocks for that same reason, hopefully they will improve how they fit together in a close future

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2015
  28. Tyriosh Apprentice Engineer

Rather say good morning ;)

29. Tristavius Senior Engineer

I like it! I've been working on a really fleshed our year-by-year lore covering the periods of 2015-2077 (and speculatory events beyond) and what you've written fits in perfectly, other than a couple of dates which even then are extremely close. I have the first mars war (or First Colonial Rebellion) as beginning in 2051 and the founding of the Republic in 2060 (need to clear that one with Lord C).

30. Tyriosh Apprentice Engineer

Show me ;)

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.