Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Ladders and floor doors

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Amistreem, Jan 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Amistreem Trainee Engineer

Hello engineers, while building towers i was wondering, why we don't have an ability to build just a simple wooden ladder to climb up the tower. It would take less space than stairs and be completely vertical. In addition to this, we could have a single floor block, which would act like a door, so we could climb the tower (or anything else), open the door above us, then close behind and we could walk on it.It would have same texture as the floor tile we have right now and have like a handle attached to it. The same doors we could use to build secret (or not) entrances on our wooden floors to basements etc. What do you think guys?

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
  2. Merandix Junior Engineer

Ladders and trapdoors? Yes please. I could use those for those efficient narrow defences and towers where I just need a small entrance to get up somewhere, as opposed to a gaping stairwell in the roof.

3. Scorpion00021 Senior Engineer

I was playing a couple nights ago and actually thought we had these blocks for some reason. Looked all over the G menu and could find them before finally realizing I was probably thinking of another game. Yes, I totally agree that ladders and trapdoors would be a great addition to Medieval Engineers.

4. StyleBBQ Trainee Engineer

<joking>
    Might be a cultural thing... Ladders and Bad Luck? Maybe a past King of Poland was squashed by a ladder and now the Polish people scare their kids with bedtime tales of evil ladders coming to get them if they're not good...
    </joking>
    Hell yes to ladders & trapdoors, for both ME -&- SE !!

5. waterlimon Senior Engineer

With one condition - ladders must either be slower than stairs, or use significant stamina.

Otherwise theres no reason to build stairs, which take more space, more resources, and more design work. And are worse for defense too if ladders can be protected with floor hatches (as they should).

Going down ladders should be very fast though (like just slide down), to encourage using BOTH ladders and stairs (which we can probably agree should be incentivized)

6. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

*builds mobile ladder contraption*
    *throws it in the direction of medieval engineers hoping they go under it and get back luck*

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.