Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Large scale grinding

Discussion in 'Survival' started by Jurriën van Dongen, Jul 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. QuantaCat Trainee Engineer

I just fill up the connector with junk, like plates or something, then it automatically transfers to cargo bays if you connect to a larger ship or similar.

2. DarrikVkir Trainee Engineer

The connectors fill up, but then start transferring any new items to containers. Works with drills too, since I just added a drill head to my BMF merge pod last night.

The only catch is docking the pod to another ship/station to transfer items. I tend to forget to relock the connectors merge point. Locking to other things with groups would solve that issue, or only docking ships TO the pod, rather than vice versa. I tend towards the second option since it avoids me screwing it up :)

3. Larse Trainee Engineer

I used this big ol' combine harvester looking thing for grinding and occasional in-space cargo storage. It has 4 medium containers all connected to both connectors and reactors. You can grind for quite some time before it gets full.

Then we built a large 100+ base grinder and ended up using this to mostly chase down the parts that brake off and fly away.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Murdrus Trainee Engineer

Instead of merge you could create a large grinder with a connector on the back end and connect it to a small ship connector

5. Evil_Tom Trainee Engineer

Has anyone tried using an enclosed area with two walls that move in which are covered by grinders, using the new pistons? Kind of like a car squisher at the junkyards?

I think I might give this a try and see if I can post the results.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.