Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

larger grinder radius?

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by 333546323, Jun 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. 333546323 Apprentice Engineer

so i know a while back the radius for grinders went down? and TBH now its really hard to use grinders special when you need to cover a ship in grinders if you want to grind something down fast... it would be nice to maybe have like a slider? for the size or have a more advanced grinder or something?

2. ViroMan Senior Engineer

welp its the old "There are mods for that" again...
    There are plenty of grind mods that increase the range of grinding or increase grinder sizes or how fast things grind down.

3. 333546323 Apprentice Engineer

oh :/well tnx

4. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

Apparently people complained because they were getting killed when they got close to ship welders. Keen compensated by reducing the radius. Complaints then came in that sounded just like yours. It seems welders/grinders/drills use the same code to do their thing and adjusting one adjusts them all. I suspect a final adjustment may be in the next update, and players will have to learn to be more careful around heavy machinery ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. 333546323 Apprentice Engineer

haha yah heavy machinery shouldn't be trated to lightly :p you go near it youl die... simpl eas that :D

6. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

I'll grind this ship with my fancy grind ship! *nudge* *nudge* *nudge* *nudge* next thing you know you're flying 100 m/s while grinding a ship you maybe should of anchored to something...

yep there is a mod for everything.
    this useful little piece comes with another feature where you can set it to grind ships of a designated color.
    its not the fastest method but it'll gets there in time. you could always build more.
    a sort of set and forget thing.
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=857053359

7. ViroMan Senior Engineer

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.