Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Laser Distance Measurer

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by PL_Bossk, Jul 8, 2018.

?

Opinions

1. Good

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Not So Good

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Could Use Work, Good

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Could Use Work, Bad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. PL_Bossk Trainee Engineer

Hi, this is my first post, and I have an idea I'd like to share. Please, I would love any thoughts on my idea. I have had this game for about 3-4 months, and I love this game. I just wish we had a way to measure distances, like for travel or stuffs.

It is a place-able item, that when turned on, will shoot out a red laser and it will calculate the distance. Distance is shown on the block, or connect it to a LCD Panel for it to be displayed wherever you'd like. Can also emit a tiny amount of visible light.

Made with:
    40 Steel Plates
    35 Construction Components
    2 Bulletproof Glass
    1 Power Cell
    1 Small Steel Tube

Cannot Calculate TOO TOO far, like between 1 corner of the galaxy, to another.

Example Uses:

Calculating the distance between a ship and an asteroid to make sure a jump won't smash into anything.
    Checking how close or how far each side of your ship you are to a wall, when landing.
    Turn it on to see in dark areas, as a backup, if you don't have spotlights yet on your ship.
    For Fun (I don't know.)
    Checking how far away your target is, to see if you can start attacking.

Other Stuff You Can Know:

About the size of a large steel block.
    Blows up if hit severely.
    Can slightly burn up any unprotected components, but not severely.

2. Elfi Wolfe Apprentice Engineer

Laser Range finder scripts on workshop already.

3. Sinbad Senior Engineer

the camera has this functionality with the 'Raycast' feature set. as far as i know its only accessible through the programming block, and as @Elfi Wolfe mentioned, there are already a number of scripts on the workshop that do this. note that these are not mods and will not modify your game in any way. its a set of functions included in the base game and intended to be accessed in this way.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.