Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Lets play a game. Can anyone guess my new build from one useless screen shot?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brix, Feb 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Brix Trainee Engineer

Thought I would post this up just to have a little fun after all of the bad things happening in game(glass im looking at you). I started a new build tonight and after about 4 hours i have the grid width, height, and length that I want and have started building from the middle out. Will probably be a pure creative creation as I dont know how well the craft will fly or handle when it is done.

So can anyone guess what I am building off of this horrible screen shot?

[​IMG]

2. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

You're not reallu giving us a lot to work with here, for the most part all i see is the size box. How about a close up of that structure?

(Also, just as an idea; if you're building something BIG as a ship, as that Landing Gear Bomb would suggest, you might wanna do it in space. Planets and big builds... it works but so do i after three days without sleep.)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Brix Trainee Engineer

I'll post some more tomorrow when i get some more structure done. I just thought the horrible screen shot was fitting to this type of thread lol

As soon as i get the atmo thrusters online that landing gear will go away, never to be seen again.

4. Light_gemini Junior Engineer

If you are doing the battleship Yamato your keel is nit deep enough.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Dax23333 Junior Engineer

A one legged stool for your engineer to not fall asleep on.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. REDSHEILD Junior Engineer

A better mousetrap.

7. StuffYouFear Apprentice Engineer

A blimp

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Hotshot Jimmy Senior Engineer

A large statue of William Shatner.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Lancar Senior Engineer

something that isn't a moon

• Like Like x 1
  10. KissSh0t Master Engineer

It's obviously something that will make a large explosion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. 260ZED Trainee Engineer

Something big ! , lol

Ps. Love your avatar :)

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
  12. Bruce LeedleLeedleLeedleLee Junior Engineer

A shrine for CLANG?

13. Brix Trainee Engineer

That's the closest yet. It does have some lighter than air parts. First seen in 96 or 97 depending on where it was released first either Japan or the EU

14. Hotshot Jimmy Senior Engineer

Japanese blimp?

15. BlackUmbrellas Senior Engineer

I'm gonna guess "some Final Fantasy airship or another".

16. Hotshot Jimmy Senior Engineer

Oh ye its the Pokemondinberg. Recognise that anywhere...

17. Ghostickles Senior Engineer

Godzilla

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Brix Trainee Engineer

Youd like that wouldn't you.

[/quote]

Dont ruin the fun, but which one lol.

19. StuffYouFear Apprentice Engineer

Ill see your blimp and raise you a HighWind from FF7

[​IMG]

Edit: the us and jp release is what gave it away :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Brix Trainee Engineer

Ding Ding we have a winner. The hardest part of this whole build has been the interior. It makes no sense on how it is laid out vs how it would actually work in the real world. Ill have some more pics later this evening or in the morning of the progress. Its 1/1 so its gonna take a bit to finish.

21. BlackUmbrellas Senior Engineer

According to google the Final Fantasy game that came out in '97 was FF7, which wikipedia tells me featured the Highwind as its airship.

22. Devon_v Senior Engineer

You mean like every other structure in that game? :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. Brix Trainee Engineer

You have no idea. I recently replayed it and the pathing is horrible and the dimensions make zero sense. She is 237m long, but 183m wide, this measurement doesnt even fit its profile correctly, so i went online and found a ton of technical drawings that try and explain things. The best that I can figure is that the width is measured at the rotor tips not the actual body width. So if the rotors are twice the size of its engine nacelles then we need to take off about 30m width for the profile to be correct. The height is another issue. The total height is only 33m from the lowest point to the highest. The bridge area takes up 1/3 of this, so i have 11m to put in 2 stories, and is 1/5th the width so 30m to fit in the conference room and stable. WTH, who made this lmao.

24. Braethias Apprentice Engineer

hah, I knew what it was just looking at the deck. Spent waaaay too long trying to kill ultima weapon on that f*king thing.

25. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Build a Garden and i'll be impressed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. Brix Trainee Engineer

If I built a garden I think Clang would attack Keen directly, even on offline mod, clang would simply make the save go to online mode hop to the keen servers and then proceed to smack them all around.

I would love to post more screens, but SE is giving me fits today, did a full wipe and reinstall after I backed up all my saves and have been fighting this crashing issue. I havnt had problems in a few months so its new to me again. Every single time I place a new door it either does not work or it crashes the game. I got it going again finally tho and have been working on it about an hour. So not much has changed, more alterations to the lower body to get the sizing right, everything seems off, and ive had to flip the machinery room for the stair case to kind of be in the right spot and for it to clear the bridge, which by my count is bigger than it appears in game. The curing glass will be the death of me tho so I might farm that out to someone as it is not my best thing.

this is the standard machine room

[​IMG]

and here is my progress for today.

Everything is placeholder this early on. I know i shouldnt have to say that about a project this size but some people see a block and some sticks and freak out before you can even get to the harder things like finishing curves and what not.

27. Light_gemini Junior Engineer

Thats a cool ship to make, looking forward how you pull it out.;)

28. Harrekin Master Engineer

Edit:

Shut up Harrekin,

Signed

Harrekin

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
  29. Brix Trainee Engineer

I really don't want to impress anyone. If i did i would post it up when it is done and say yay look at me. I was simply trying to bring some lightheartedness to the forums because everyone seems to be a lil cranky recently.

And yes that little skeleton did take 4 hours but you don't see everything in the picture. Such as the binding box that shows the outline of the full size of the ship and the remakes of that to get the sizing right, or the test for building it out of largeship blocks instead of small. Doing a 1:1 build of something that has no blueprints, or any technical info in English slows down progress a lot. Such as the problems i listed above. Just in the outline of the machine room it just can't fit the way it does in the game. Things just don't add up and i have had to make the choice that it will have to be altered. I hate to do that and that was the majority of my time last night. Tearing down and rebuilding that same 200 small blocks trying to stay true to the original design.

30. StuffYouFear Apprentice Engineer

Will this be a strickly vanilla build or will you consider useing mods to flesh out details?

Custom made turbine thrusters for both the main elevation propellers and the odd forward pusher on the back end would help with it.
    Also a texture mod for a new set of block to give the floors a wooden look where needed would be cool.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.