Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Lets play a game. Can anyone guess my new build from one useless screen shot?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brix, Feb 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Devon_v Senior Engineer

There's a big difference between building something out of your imagination and trying to follow flawed blueprints. :)

FF7 was too experemental, and the technology too young, to realize any of the environements in their entirety. The necessities of game play probably caused many scenes to be altered from the initial renders. It's also worth noting that the previous three Final Fantasy games made absolutely no effort to reconsile interior and exterior spaces. (Oddly enough the first three did to a degree) it wasn't until 8 that they started focusing on coherent world building.

2. Brix Trainee Engineer

Already using mods. I think there is one on the workshop for wood floors but i don't think it works for small ship. I'm also having a problem finding thrusters that are big enough that fit on small grids. So some Tom foolery may be needed

• Like Like x 1
  3. Brix Trainee Engineer

This is very true. Just looking at the interior of the highwind(ff7) and the ragnarok (ff8) you can tell they went for a better fit. I really like the environments of ff7 i think they felt more real than the newer games, even though they are more cartoon like you can see how things work. Again back to the machine room in the highwind, the forward engine is in the floor, and even if it looks like they took a part/whitney engine and pasted it in that scene it fits so well. Cities and the way they are laid out looks like they should, the newer games just feel like large hallways with some stuff stuck in them, not a place you actually want to seek more of. Ff8 felt like this in some ways, but others felt really off, the gardens felt right, hell estar(sp) felt ok, but a lot of the small towns just didn't feel like they could be real places

4. Hotshot Jimmy Senior Engineer

Hate to say it but this is now in the territory of "community creations" and subsequently its in the wrong section.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.