Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

LOD mesh asset missing...

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Köbi 2, Jul 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Köbi 2 Apprentice Engineer

I am trying to make plants, so LODs would be important. But the directx Log says: Mesh asset missing... But I made tons of LODs...

Why wont they load? Please help. What is wrong with them?

2. CptTwinkie Master Engineer

It's obviously not finding what you told it to look for. Check your definitions to make sure the paths are correct.

3. Köbi 2 Apprentice Engineer

I suspect it is because I delete the xmls after exporting from blender then. I always only kept the mwms. I will try it.

Btw. directX Log told me it happened to some of the ingame Tree-Lods too.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Sir_Moodz Apprentice Engineer

After you export from blender it should have created a mwm from your model and one for each lod.

Now you just copy all those mwm's to any location you told the sbc file where it could find it. You don't have to do anything to make the lod's work, just make sure they are in the same location as your main model
    --- Automerge ---
    Also very important is to never rename your model mwm file after it was created or the lod's wont work

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Köbi 2 Apprentice Engineer

Hello Guys. Thanks for your help.

First my blender addon doesn't accept my original game path. It just stays red. Even it is the right path. I did not think that matters... And still dont think so. I also have no idea how to fix that. (This just as a side note.)

Now. If you have time please take a look at this!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7enspbdxyp15b4q/VRageRender-DirectX11.log?dl=0

It says it happens to nearly all my stuff! Even to original Game stuff! And it says it did not load an lod for WildBean which I know for a fact, because I have seen it ingame, that it loaded that lod. (I remodeled the original but not the lods so they look different if you walk up to them.)

I have no Idea what is going on... It looks now like it my game is somehow "broken"...

Here is if needed or interested the game log. Yes I have a ton of mods (around 45) in this world and one of them is "Plants (SP)" a non workshop-mod. And yes I have seen all those things that are wrong with some mods.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f37k0g58h3tzo4h/MedievalEngineers.log?dl=0

Please take a look at the DirectX Log. It is... interesting.
    --- Automerge ---
    Yeah. I am pretty sure all LODs load!

I think the renderLog is broken.

Allthough I get a similar error in the exportLog from the BlenderAddon too. But I am pretty sure the lods work anyways...

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.