Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Looking for a new dev for Shipyards

Discussion in 'Modding' started by rexxar, Feb 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. rexxar Senior Engineer

[​IMG]

Hello again, I'm looking for someone to work on another of my mods. However, this is a bit different from the last mod giveaway.

Shipyards is a very complex mod, it is not at all suitable for beginners. I really need an experienced programmer to take over this one. It's pretty broken right now and as much as I wish I did, I just cannot find the time to work on it. Hell, I never even really got to finish the mod.

So, if you're interested, drop a link to your github and/or workshop. If I think you're a good fit, I'll give you everything I have on this mod, and I'll make time to explain how it works internally so you're not totally on your own. There is a lot happening in there, and much of it isn't documented or at all obvious. I also have plans for new features that I never got around to, including some offshoots that could even be their own mod.

I really don't want to give this mod away, it's by far the best one I have, it's my baby. But more than that I don't want it to just sit there and rot because I can't give it the time it needs.

2. JimTheSoundman Trainee Engineer

Thanks for doing this. Too many developers just up and bail, without even a goodbye.

Just as an aside, you should probably edit the title to say "programmer" instead of "dev" as when I first saw it I was thinking "dev vs stable" versions of SE. Had me a bit confused for a second.

3. rexxar Senior Engineer

gonna bump this because I do what I want

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.