Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Looking for my Hinge Block

Discussion in 'General' started by Timuroslav, Apr 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Timuroslav Apprentice Engineer

Don't mind me I'm just looking for my vanilla hinge block. *opens trash can* "Hello?"
    [​IMG]
    In truth I'm trying to draw attention to a block I don't want to be forgotten. Even without the conveyors I think it would add to the game's variety. You could do similar things with rotors, but they're bulky and big. Hinges could be less more simple and less of a headache to program, I feel.

Forgot to mention that this is Digi's mod. Conveyor Hinges - transfer items flexibly

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

I do not think that will be forgotten, no worries there.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

I very much agree that we should have a conveyor hinge.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Sirhan Blixt Apprentice Engineer

We must endure without hinges -- CLANG WILLS IT!

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Stardriver907 Senior Engineer

We need hinge blocks, both motorized and unmotorized.

I say "we", but I use the mod ;).

The standard game needs hinge blocks. FREE ones.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

And toilets with doors! I demand it!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Timuroslav Apprentice Engineer

Definitely in agreement there.

I feel like some one in Keen is a bit of a masochist, because I feel that hinges could have been easier to add into the game than rotors.

That said I'm not a coder so idk.

*Goes to ancient earth picks up medieval door hinge* "What is this ancient Technology, it doesn't use power!?"

8. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

I made my toilets have doors. :)

9. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Say it ain't so!

10. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

11. Roxette Senior Engineer

Somehow between you, your browser and the keen forum, the links got well and truly borked o.o ... here they are:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

13. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Well, if that ain't just the prettiest little outhouse I've ever seen!

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Stardriver907 Senior Engineer

You have, of course, voted up conveyor hinges on the support forum?

15. Timuroslav Apprentice Engineer

You bet I have :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. May Rears Apprentice Engineer

Definitely not, they make perfect towing hitches too.

17. chrisb Senior Engineer

Skywanderers has a hinge block and its very useful. I hope Keen give some thought to it.

18. Thermonuklear Junior Engineer

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. May Rears Apprentice Engineer

Because the keen support page is an exercise in frustration. Instead of using the perfectly good forums they have you jumping through hoops so many players simply say "duck it" and don't bother.

20. Malware Master Engineer

Yes, perfectly understandable as the support page can be integrated with their internal system while the forum not only... is just... there, it requires a significant amount of time to take issues from there to the actual tracking system, especially if you expect to actually handle a little feedback too... even if it's so little as the status flag. Not to mention that a support page with a little bit of hoops filters out most of the people who just log on to say "this doesn't work, fixit idjits" and leave - which is utterly useless for finding and fixing bugs. Add to that that the voting system give them an indication of which issues are the most pressing for the most players, making it easier for them to prioritize. Sure, it's not without its flaws, far far from it - but it's still leagues better than a mere forum can ever be.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. Burstar Apprentice Engineer

Oh good! Hinge block DLC coming soon then. :rocket:

22. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Are you saying the next DLC will hinge on this block?

• Like Like x 1
  23. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

I'm sure that will be featured in the August edition of "Better Commodes and Urinals".

• Funny Funny x 1
  24. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

@Ronin1973 nah they are not fancy enough for that fine publication. :D

25. Stardriver907 Senior Engineer

True. Every time Keen starts up some new kind of communications outlet, it gets swamped by people thinking they are getting a personal direct line to ask for, demand, all the craziest, stupidest things Keen already said they weren't going to do. In this case, when the support page went live there were five or six good ideas , then word got out and all the... other stuff flooded the page, and a lot of it got voted up. Most reasonable people just gave up.

However, this system seems to work better than anything else they have tried, and the crazies have moved on. These days it's worth a shot. Vote up the conveyor hinge, and get your friends to do the same. I know the account thing is still screwed up. I just log in with my Facebook account (knew that was good for something).

I could not think of a worth witty rebuttal. Well played, sir. Well played.

26. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

27. Thermonuklear Junior Engineer

We should just start flooding Reddit and Facebook and Twitter and Grinder or what the hell they are with hinge propaganda. We got our precious ladders back, so maybe adopting hinges isn't impossible either.

28. May Rears Apprentice Engineer

Yeah but we got the traditional half-assed version. No retractable block and large grid only. Tried the new ones and went straight back to the modded one I originally used.

29. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

30. Stardriver907 Senior Engineer

I remember stumbling across another hinge block but I can't find it now. Perhaps this is it. Do you have a link?

Yeah, Digi's ladders are still hard to beat. The only thing they lack is the animation.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.