Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Lore/Story Lore of the Phoenix Universe

Discussion in 'Roleplaying' started by Lord Commissar, Apr 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Dwarf-Lord Pangolin Senior Engineer

Dayum. I go inactive for a while and you put a sexay website up. I really need to get around to writing some of those things I've been meaning to now that I've got, like, time again. :woot:

2. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

yes. yes you do.

now you Uranians can assume the moral high ground for not getting involved in everyone's wars. except you feed their wars by selling them orbital bombardment platforms which makes you just as guilty :p

3. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

Here is the most recent addition to the story. This is meant to be the start of a series of stories, that will follow a series of events from multiple perspectives (and writers), all leading up to the next major conflict.

The prevailing idea behind this is that, rather than just writing about events as we have in the past through steam guides, this time we want to actually develop them through a story. It will allow us to create characters, perspectives, and breathe life into the universe while simultaneously moving the plot along. If you're interested in getting involved, PLEASE do!

4. PyreStarite Junior Engineer

Two Parts, to make it more relevant.

: One :
    I made these with my below average photoshop skills. What I am saying right now are popular IG fleet tactics used on above average pirate fleets.

: Two :
    If you are in need of material to play with, I have a character I didn't have intentions of playing with myself for my lore, but is indirectly related. Riley Ardite
    Please don't break her.

5. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

honestly i think if there's going to be a story about her it needs to be you writing it. you came up with the character and can project that vision more easily than we could. plus the fact that her life is tied to your faction.

the universe needs a larger diversity of writers and i'm happy to help you integrate it and come up with something, but i'm not going to do it instead of you.

6. PyreStarite Junior Engineer

Alright, I'll see what I can do. As I said before, she is a character I made with the intention of not using her myself, so the offer still stands if you happen to be operating in the area.

7. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

8. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

9. Tyriosh Apprentice Engineer

Enjoying those stories ;) Would try to write myself but I can't stand reading my own cramps English :(

10. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

why don't you write them and i can proofread and correct the grammar?

11. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

• Like Like x 3
  12. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

Part V is in progress, but it may be a few days as it needs to be done properly. There are multiple plot lines getting pulled together into one final climax, so having them all coincide logically takes some work.

In the meantime, I have given faces to several characters using the EVE character creator:

Left to Right: Vitian, Tacitus, Cassia

[​IMG]

13. Stefanzo Trainee Engineer

Heyo! I'm back and so is Foy! But no longer the little republic it once was, no the senate has been abolished as an Empress has been elected to bring us back from an economic recession and to expand our boards. we will need a bigger navy and troop force! the Empress has predicted a 3 fold increase and to further make Foy less dependent on its allies in war and in need resources. As of 2108 The Foy Hyperspace Outbreak has began in efforts to monopolize on the Kuiper belt and to increase its boarders.

14. The Churrosaur Junior Engineer

Wait, so was this a coup? Or a Palpatine? Or a putsch? What's the situation like among the common people of Foy- is it bad enough that the rapid radicalization of government had popular support or is her highness pulling an 'evil empire'? I'm not against it- with the economic ostracization of Foy post-Europa, and the increasingly tense climate of the outer systems considering the events of 'industries ruin' it makes sense- I'm just curious to know more. It all seems rather... sudden.
    --- Automerge ---
    Actually-reading your updated guide clears most of this up, sorry about that

15. Stefanzo Trainee Engineer

@The Churrosaur Foy has turned into an Empire due to an almost universal disslike of the senate by the people for Foyans did not feel like they need to be involved in the Europa conflict and that the senate had wasted men's lives by not depoly the correct units to support are troops. The populous also was angered that Foy was not correctly repaid for their actions in the accords. So couple this displeasure of the Europa conflict and accords with an economic recession due to Foy losing its niche in having the First jump drives to be in circulation. You get one PO populous that suddenly hears a new voice proclaiming to pick Foy up from the dirt the people begin to rally behind the new leader, so it's like Hitler and Palpatine were one with their ambition for power and to create a strong empire but remove any genosides and complete evilness for they want to actually serve the people. The Emprees is quite young to mention she was a young senator as she did grow up in Foy during the last years of isolation and the formation of the alliance with the PR.

16. Stefanzo Trainee Engineer

Hello lads and ladies! It's me again and I have a new found idea! I am getting into animations and possibly may animate the general timeline of events of the Phoenix universe from the beginning to 2110! And if it goes well I will do a separate video for each faction if they would like!

I was thought thinking we could make some sort of lore behind this as it could be a news channel from the universe like a separate faction with no ties to a nation that is the general broadcaster for the sol system!

I am taking inspiration from the halo 5 launch campaign where they released every week an audio podcast that was in lore being transmitted across the human space via slipspace beacons! So we could have something like it so news can be aired in all the systems as Sol is being "globalized"!
    Other inspirations come from xpgamers from captainshacks stellaris campaign, where he has a news broadcast that gives views a recap from the last episode!

So I need your guys opinion if you want me to do this and if you have any ideas that would be useful please share!
    If you are good at drawing or other artistic skills and want to help feel free and submit art for the animations! Or if you want to be the voice of the broadcasters and have good audio capturing devices(ps I know how critical this is I had a podcast that died off cause I had to go to university and got burnt out from editing it and organizing it! It's on YouTube called the briefing room by TAWThunder).

So all in all my plans are to animate a top down view of the Sol system as we see the voyages, and wars, etc taking place! It will be all text base but if you think we should have a broadcaster I will do it or if someone else wants to feel free! And if you would like to help in any other way please feel free to!

17. Stefanzo Trainee Engineer

ya thats awesome! right now im trying to pick out when voyage begins and ends from LC's timeline and also adding territories and claims of worlds on the map. im doing this in photoshop so like on base image with a ton of layers that will appear and be removed as the image is played in video or gif format.

18. Stefanzo Trainee Engineer

Hey all after some hair pulling i came up with a armour design and ww1 camo for the foy marines! just want some feed back from you and be gentle its still not finished.
    [​IMG]

19. Stefanzo Trainee Engineer

hey its still in the works and there is a navy and air force on to come this one is for the foy marines

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  20. Stefanzo Trainee Engineer

hey this is a huge update for the foy lore my page is down as i update it but i have gone and redone uniforms and logos as the republic has fallen and the empire is now the ruling government.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.