Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Mod Approved! Love the new forums!

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by MichaelC, Apr 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. MichaelC Junior Engineer

they dont look like a leftover from 1997 anymore! was wondering how long it would take you guys to notice that the captcha wasnt working for the pswd reset. Seems to work now though :p

2. Mishka Junior Engineer

Moved to Off Topic

3. Skeloton Master Engineer

Well that was quick.

4. Manticore Apprentice Engineer

I've seen this code used on some other boards. It's slick and elegant. Now back to SE! :)

5. DrVagax Administrator

With great software comes a great load of problems sadly haha! Glad you like it!

6. Dreokor Senior Engineer

They actually changed it.

So the joke was making us believe it was a joke.

7. DDP-158 Master Engineer

Well so far I see we now have the like option which a lot of people have been asking for. I finally had to get a avy because the microphones are going to drive me crazy. I like that we can see exactly which moderators are online plus we have an actual report button. I wonder if the larger fonts for each section will be enough to help people figure out what game they want to talk about, rather than SE getting ME's complaints.
    No more sigs it appears. Good and bad I think. Good because I don't have to see epileptic or movie poster size sigs taking up half a forum. Bad because I was getting ready to design one myself for my corp. But I wonder if that's a bug because I see an option to view signatures and it is checked, and yet I see no signatures. And I see an ignore option is finally in place. Gonna put that to good use. Overall not bad.

8. Carrion Senior Engineer

[​IMG]

but yes well done to keen for the move.

9. Volfram Senior Engineer

Has an automotive feel to it, but I'm sure hoping to enjoy some new features.

That password reset question, though. I actually went to look up parks in the German Empire...

10. DDP-158 Master Engineer

I was wondering about that question, if it may be um...a little hard for some people.

11. Dreokor Senior Engineer

The first thing that came to mind for some reason was Civilization.

12. plaYer2k Master Engineer

Well in my opinion XenForo sure is the best forum software out there right now.
    I love it! Thanks C:

13. mrax Apprentice Engineer

I hope they will change the font style, because now it feels too much like reading newspaper comments.

14. HollowVoices Trainee Engineer

The font and I guess the resolution of everything is just off... Old forums were easy to read, now I have to take my time and slowly look through each word. :/

15. DrVagax Administrator

Noted

16. chrisb Senior Engineer

Very posh. ;)

17. SenorZorros Master Engineer

... I miss the old layout. it was nicely white and squarish... and I didn't have such a stupid profile pick... now I need to find something decent to place down there.

18. DDP-158 Master Engineer

Check your inboxes, keen be handing out achievements.

19. SenorZorros Master Engineer

achievements?

20. DDP-158 Master Engineer

They're calling them trophies. I got first message (1 post), Keeps coming back (30 posts), Can't Stop (100 posts), Addicted (1000 posts)

21. LostElement Apprentice Engineer

Interesting.... I am saddened that the signatures are gone (Hopefully temporarily) I kinda like the layout of the new forum. It's nice. I feel as the the verification was a bit hard. I despise riddles in every shape and form. It kept giving me the german one. Couldn't at all figure that out.

22. DDP-158 Master Engineer

Like I said I wouldn't mind the signatures coming back because I was getting ready to make one, but I would really prefer that they keep it to non gif and limited in size (120 x 640?)

23. Nacon Junior Engineer

Nooooo.. Please.... No Sigs. They're annoying and tend to take up too much reading spaces.

Also... I think we need post segment break in between or make odd posts darker than the even post. Something to break up posts in between.

Just no sigs... please.

24. LostElement Apprentice Engineer

I like my quotes from Neil deGrasse Tyson though.... and the link to the Picard song....

25. Wintersend Senior Engineer

26. DDP-158 Master Engineer

Just download the image to your photos real quick, then go to personal preferences in your profile and click on the avy and select browse. It should bring up the photos directory directly.

27. Wintersend Senior Engineer

Ah, thank you, much better and now I should be both recognizable by others and recognizable by myself.

P.s. This has also enabled me to improve my Steam Profile pic so double thank you.

28. LostElement Apprentice Engineer

Yeah, I don't like choosing common Profile pics. I like unique ones. Such as this Captain Picard pic!

29. DDP-158 Master Engineer

Picards are pretty common though. There's another user who has the infamous picard facepalm and it gets pretty funny when the 2 of you talk in the same thread because Picard starts working that arm. If you want uncommon I would go with a Janeway pic. Nobody ever does Janeway pics.

30. LostElement Apprentice Engineer

That is true, but then I would have to rename my steam to Captain Janeway. But I have been around forums (not this one in particular) I haven't seen a picard picture. I have only seen one on here. I think Picard pics on gaming forums (Except for STO forums, then EVERY person is common) is rare.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.