Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Low fuel with star system start.

Discussion in 'General' started by SvenMokveldje, Mar 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. SvenMokveldje Trainee Engineer

Hello people.
    When I start my space engineer world and then the star system scenario I only have 2 min of fuel when I do not burn anything with the planetary lander. So I can't really land on a good spot or anything like that do you have tips?

2. bigsteve Trainee Engineer

Untick all the check boxes on all the batteries.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. GrindyGears Senior Engineer

Batteries are broken on the stable build, but have been fixed on the development build. If you insist on staying on stable, you can check the box called "discharge" it should let the battery output enough power to keep you flying longer and able to refine ores and build components for a bit.

4. May Rears Apprentice Engineer

The clue is in the name, it is a lander not an exploration vehicle. You have 2 mins to find a flat spot and land, what happens after is up to you.

5. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

bigsteve's answer is the workaround for now.

the faster you untick all the batteries settings...you know...discharge..recharge...semi-auto untick them all
    The more uranium you save and the longer you can potentially fly before finding a decent spot to landing.
    try landing near a dark patch....that means ore.

6. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

I don't think uranium is part of the lander... unless they changed that up because of bugged batteries.

7. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

it has a small reactor over near the oxygen tank.
    it does have a small amount of uranium but i guess due to the bugged batteries it gets drank up pretty quickly

8. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Be sure to turn off all non essential equipment: refineries, assemblers, timers, programmable blocks, and the air vent is a huge drain as well. Just be sure to open the door to let in the planet's oxygen.

9. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

don't forget the beacon that also drains quite some power......depending on its range.

then again.......it does show you were you parked....
    on or off is your choice if you turn it off remember to mark where you parked. :p

don't want to lose your ship like losing your house in good ol fashioned minecraft.

10. halipatsui Senior Engineer

Gps points matafaka?
    You heard of them????

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.