Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Make string visible on hotbar

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Regn, Oct 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Regn Trainee Engineer

Only the name of the PB (Programmable Block) is visible on the hotbar when you hover over the icon with your mouse in G-menu. For those of us who do not use multiple PBs, and have multiple methods to which we pass arguments, it would be nice to see the string that is being passed to the PB, so as to be able to know which PB icon does what.

2. Bleuhazenfurfle Apprentice Engineer

I don't think that showing all that in hover text is a good idea β€” it could be rather large, and so could the name of the target PB for that matter. And I hate programs (games especially) that give you tooltips that occupy a full β…•th of the screen.

Something like being able to pop up a dialog box which gives you access to the Actions settings, perhaps even lets you re-target the Action to a different block and/or adjust the parameter text a little, and most importantly, let you set your own tooltip so you can put something there that actually makes sense.

And yes, to anyone who's read my recent posts on the value reference thingo's, that would be pretty much the exact same dialog box I was talking about there, too, and the same customisable name tooltip I mentioned they should have, also.

Setting your own tooltips on hotbar Actions need to just be a thing.

3. Noy Apprentice Engineer

Yes, the action setup needs work. Not being able to see/edit details of an action, is annoying when things aren't working.

II suppose being able to replace the icon with special icons, to make it easier to recognize what the action does, might be useful.

4. CaD Apprentice Engineer

Something simple like how the button bar works giving you the option to give the toolbar icon an understandable name. Also something simple to change a toolbar icon eg: group of thrusters that are activated by a timer, on the toolbar you would normaly get a timer icon this way you could change the icon for a thruster icon, so more understandable. Lets have user made Icon Packs that would be cool. While I'm at it lets have a movable ToolBar a verticle bar would be nice. There's been many times I wish I could move the toolbar without turning it off.

5. Bleuhazenfurfle Apprentice Engineer

I've asked for that a time or ten myself; such a texture mod wouldn't even need to involve the server at all, and should be individually loadable even on otherwise locked down public servers. (Should be okay for mods that add player skins also, or even replacement block textures β€” requiring only that the server convey to the other players, the fact that this player has the given texture packs loaded, and a client setting to let players tell their game not to bother fetching customised textures.)

Definitely going to be needing that configuration dialog for Actions, though.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.