1. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

making custom cargo containers work?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Alan Grimes, Jan 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Alan Grimes

Alan Grimes Trainee Engineer

I've installed a a few cargo mods that seem to help a great deal, three very interesting parts that I want to use more:

In the "medium" slot on the large grid there's a 1x3x3 container that has goten rave reviews. (net part savings = 8)

In the extra large slot on small and large grid there's a 3x3x6 (not' sure what small dimensions are) part that doesn't do much to part count (net part savings = 1) but does help to de-clutter the inventory menu.

In the ginormous slot ther's a 5x5x5 container that is essentially a complete inventory solution for all reasonable needs...

Now the issue is that none of them work with the normal production chain. They are invisible to the drills/refineries/etc... They all accept and give invnentory just fine but they don't work interchangably with stock. Active parts will simply ignore the extra available space and become clogged/starved even though there is cavernous volumes available. Is this a game bug or something that there needs to be a tutorial about? I looked at the code for one of these modded cargo containers and everything appeared perfectly reasonable....

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.