Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

ME vs SE

Discussion in 'General' started by Ljorius, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Ljorius Trainee Engineer

is it thinkable that a SE instance and ME instance, when running together on a server can cause issues? like crashing the ME server because of resources for example?

i have one SE and one ME server running on machine. Since the latest ME and SE patch i observe that the ME server not only appears to have a memory leak, it also crashes on a regulary basis, when the SE server is running.

2. boromir Apprentice Engineer

I run both instances, 0.6 and 1.189 on my machine. The SE instance usually hovers around 3GB ram and the ME instance around 1.5GB ram. They've not crashed on me but I don't get more than two clients connecting to either one and one of those clients plays right on the server. I can't remember a time in 2 years that any of the three crashed. Neither client experiences any lag. I restart the server/cold start it once a week and hibernate it other times.
    --- Automerge ---
    About two years ago, I was running three instances: two 0.5 ME instances (2GB ram and 1.5GB ram) and an SE instance (2.5GB ram) on this same machine. The SE instance is the same instance I've always ran. Didn't experience crashes then either; same client connectivity behavior - no more than two and one of them ran on the server.

Size of ram usage appears to be dependent on how much the players have created in-game and size of the voxel file. Probably affected by client connectivity state as well.

This running the client on the server is never a recommended practice but I never had problems that I can think of.

3. Ljorius Trainee Engineer

[​IMG]

this is beyond normal

4. boromir Apprentice Engineer

That's huge! How large is the save directory for your instance?