1. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

Mechanical Bellows (For Steel and/or faster Furnaces)

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Leadfootslim, Nov 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Leadfootslim

Leadfootslim Senior Engineer

I love the concept of high-end refining blocks being tied to windmills, and my sawmill is my proudest (and most satisfying to use) building in my little town. But I feel like there's something missing...

While a friend was lamenting the lack of a faster furnace, I had a lightbulb idea: Why not a mechanically-powered bellows for faster smelting? It'd be a suitable end-tier goal. This also got me wondering, however, if such a challenge would be a good way to forestall the "win condition" of Steel tools - once they're made, all other metals are used for nothing more than door hinges, so making them a more difficult reward could be good. If a mechanical block that interfaces with player-operated hand cranks were added, you could have a friend man the bellows... and eventually get a windmill when they complain too much. :D

What do you think? Would a mechanically-operated furnace be something you'd like?

• Like Like x 3
  2. Forcedminer

Forcedminer Senior Engineer

hopefully the medieval engineer installs a sort of break or release for the windmill Bellows encase the wind gets too strong.
    I love the fact windmill power has been invented in medieval engineers and so many applications are being thought up for it! ^^

3. MorshuArtsInc

MorshuArtsInc Apprentice Engineer

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.