Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Memory editing to accelerate ships to insane speeds?

Discussion in 'General' started by AgentDefiant, Nov 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. AgentDefiant Trainee Engineer

Just curious if anyone has tried to memory edit to get there ship to some insane speed like the speed of light yet? :)

Just an idea, I don't know if it would even work but someone should try it! ;)

If anyone can successfully do it please post on this thread.

(I tried but failed)

2. GeneralApathy Apprentice Engineer

The speed of light is not supported in the Space Engineers physics engine, sorry. :/

3. AgentDefiant Trainee Engineer

I mean tampering in memory with the speed value and just making it something insanely fast, I don't mean actually trying to build a ship to travel that speed, sorry if I didn't explain that well.

4. GeneralApathy Apprentice Engineer

That's what I meant; the physics engine isn't able (according to the Devs) to support realistic speeds, regardless of whether they're done by ships with thrusters or hacked in by changing vector values.

The current speed record recorded in game is 9000km/hr.

5. AgentDefiant Trainee Engineer

I'm assuming the ship is torn to pieces upon attempting memory editing to that speed?

6. GeneralApathy Apprentice Engineer

I have no clue, nor do the Devs. I'd imagine the game would crash far before you got to that point.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.