Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Meteor Surprise

Discussion in 'General' started by ancienthighway, Aug 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. ancienthighway Trainee Engineer

On a new Solar System start, I manage to find the only ice field around for as far as I could see 4,000 km in the air and headed towards it. I found what looks like a somewhat protected area with high hills and mountains on two sides.

After replacing the beacon with an antenna, broadcast on, I saw some platinum just a short distance way. I dropped everything I was doing and went to investigate. At the bottom of a crater from a meteor strike was a small patch of platinum. Of course I mined it up and drilled a bit further in all directions to make sure I have it all. Other craters have yielded cobalt, iron, silicon, magnesium and gold. And some nothing.

Is this a ninja feature from patch 0146 or is this a feature I just never noticed before?

2. SilentShadow Apprentice Engineer

I think meteorite impacts spawn small amounts of random ore on roids. Nice to know it does the same on planets.

3. DDP-158 Master Engineer

Its done it for as long as I can remember. When they introduced meteor's on the old maps my friends and I set the meteor's to apoc and spent time behind one of the 4 asteroids on the map. After a few days we went to check the carnage on the other side and there were deposits all over the place.

4. ancienthighway Trainee Engineer

Sweet. Meteor #2 with platinum. 576kg now. Before long I'll be whipping up some missile containers or thrusters. I never thought iron or nickel would be holding me back. There's no iron on this ice field and nickel is a haul away from where I landed.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.