Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Minerals still broken?

Discussion in 'Survival' started by Keten Kennek, Dec 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Latsabb Senior Engineer

If you need more than a day to find uranium, then I dont know what to tell you. And, again, there is no such thing as random. There is random, and then there is garauntees with a bit of randomness on the side. And with 3-5 ores per asteroid now, you literally cannot have problems finding things anymore.

2. TheNirl Trainee Engineer

If you're still spending hours trying to find all the ores in an infinite world, there was probably some sort of a problem when it generated. You are virtually guaranteed to find everything you need within the first two hours in a lone survivor scenario (I would say one hour, but meh). Keep in mind you need to chip away a little bit of most of the asteroids with your drill in order for the ore detector to detect the ores in them.

3. DaePrice Apprentice Engineer

I have managed to find all ores in Lone survival, that is after playing it for about a week. Infinite dense world. I wouldn't have survived if i didn't have cargo ships spawn (standard rate). Its only after i have hodge podge'd and scrapped 6ish ships that i had enough supplies to feel adventurous. All six were mining carages, private sails, or comercial shipments. everything else is a guranteed death if you go after it in the beginning. I did find a uranium vein large enough to power me for a few years very near spawn. That helped, and is the only thing that kept me working the map in the beginning.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.