Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Missile/Rocket Grid and 2x1 Battery

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by HollowVoices, Dec 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. HollowVoices Trainee Engineer

Like many Engineers, I love making missiles, rockets, and torpedoes. But there's a few problems with constructing these weapons. The major issues with them are power and speed.

Power
    Sure you could throw on a battery, but those things are huge. We need a smaller batter with a small charge to fit into smaller frames when attached to small ships. Being able to launch 1xX missiles is currently only possible with a small reactor which you must manually load uranium ingots into. There has to be a better way! 2x1 batteries are the answer!

Speed
    Launching any sort of missile/torp from a ship that's moving at max speed is pretty pointless. There are a few ways around this where you can slow down or pull up and away, but where's the fun in that? I want to watch my missiles race ahead of me as I come barreling towards the target without having to worry about moving away from them. My solution to this would be a new grid type. We'll call it the Missile Grid for now. This would likely not work with merge blocks, but that's what we have detachable rotors for. :D The major difference between this Missile Grid and ship grids is that it will have it's speed increased significantly. I'm thinking somewhere between 160-180 mps. Not too slow, and not too fast, but definitely faster than current ship speeds.

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.