Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Missing Blocks?

Discussion in 'General' started by joshtem, Apr 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. joshtem Trainee Engineer

So I've been playing this game for a long while now, and got to thinking... what blocks are missing from the official game that seem like they should be there by now. Yes I"m aware you can get a modded version of just about anything you want. But I'm talking about little things that just seem like a given, things that you would think just belong as part of the base game. Here's my list, what's yours?

Slanted corner conveyor tubes... you know so you can tube at an angle instead of a stair case looking monstrosity. lets not forget a T junction conveyor tube. Yes you can use other blocks but sometimes you just want a certain peace for aesthetics.

Triangular catwalk, same as conveyor tube because sometimes you just want a corner and not a whole block.

a hinge block... seems a no brainier to me, basic engineering device a hinge block.

Are there any other blocks that just seem like they should be there but aren't?

• Late Late x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Roxette Senior Engineer

@RepostStatistics ?

3. Timuroslav Apprentice Engineer

hmm off the top of my head.

Other potential blocks
    Solid steel screw bar.
    Think garage door opener. It spins therefore pulling up a steel track device.
    [​IMG]

Yes I know this is an advertisement website but it's got a decent description and a good image.
    steel chain and gear. Think Bicycle.
    [​IMG]

Springs of all kinds. Nothing mechanical, a flat recoil value is all that is needed.
    Car Leaf springs.
    [​IMG]

Conveyor belts of some kind.
    Augers. Think snowblower augers.
    [​IMG]

Bulldozer blades for making smooth flat surfaces.
    I could go on, but realistic I only expect one of these.

I forgot turntables for large ballistic guns. Think Naval gun trainers.

Light Armor block steel cylinder 1x1x1
    Light armor block steel cylinder thin 1x1x1 but the actual physics box is smaller. Think pipe rails for rollers.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  4. Stardriver907 Senior Engineer

Well, these types of blocks were discussed at length in a thread all their own way back in the early days of the game. All manner of brainy engineering types mixed with game asset making masters in an attempt to design and build actual engineering mechanisms. The result was MechanizedIT's "Mech's Gears & Things". Much underused and unappreciated, it contains a lot of blocks that still work to this day... and a few that don't. His hinge block seems to be acting strangely these days, although it was always a bit tricky.

In the thread they talked about worm gears, pulleys, chains, just about everything. I don't remember reading the word "impossible", but I'm sure they used plenty of... other words... when trying to create some of those blocks ;)

5. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Still a late post. :p lol

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.