Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Mod Author's Round Table (Mod Authors comment only please)

Discussion in 'Modding' started by voicesdark, Jul 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. sanchindachi666 Apprentice Engineer

yea it's scale is working ,i think the problem is that zero value has already have emissivity in deeper layer.
    when i increase or decrease emissivity number there was change apparently.

2. Xocliw Public Relations Staff

What the heck is this?!? Are they all buttons :eek?

3. Eikester Apprentice Engineer

yes :woot:

4. Xocliw Public Relations Staff

Now you just gotta remember which one does what ;). Don't want to accidentally press the self-destruct instead of open hangar door :thumb:!

5. Pliskin Trainee Engineer

That Console reminds me of a DHD from Stargate.

6. Eikester Apprentice Engineer

what are possible values for the Technique parameter in the models xml? I have a Texture with a 2 Color Alpha channel, black and white, where black should be fully transparent but GLASS doesn't work for me or doesn't give the expected result.

this is from my button panel, only the symbol should be visible, btw there is always reflection even with reflectivity set to 0
    [​IMG]

7. Eviscerator Apprentice Engineer

Kinda looks like a SE version of the old Simon electronic game from the 70's. That's...not a bad thing. I loved that game as a kid.

8. not Apprentice Engineer

Hi,
    I have one question concerning collision meshes and blender. I'm importing models to the maya 2013 from blender ascii *.fbx and I scale them x100 times because they are too small, even after changing units to meters. Should I experience something like this? My great adventure with collisions slowed after watching DeadWeight4U tutorials, and exporting not working *.hkt file.

edit: There was no question. Everything works, just one day delay.
    btw, thanks DeadWeight, your tutorials are very helpful, even for blender users. What is the bird name? :D

9. Harag Junior Engineer

I've noticed the following in mwmbuilder's readme:
    Is this obsolete information and 'created in code' pertains to using .hkt files or will this supersede building .hkt files? Does anybody know of any specifics? How would we tweak collisions or optimize them using collision primitives, then? Will this be a breaking change?

10. MechanizedIT Apprentice Engineer

I think that has been in the readme for a long time. Making custom collision meshes still works the same as always, based on what I made last night.

11. soat7ch Junior Engineer

I have a very annoying problem of which i do not know how to solve it:
    I made some stuff but it does not appear ingame.
    No icon
    No component
    No error message

It seems like SE is completely ignoring it

thoughts?

12. voicesdark Senior Engineer

Well you'd have to be a bit more specific than "I made some stuff" but it sounds like an .xml or .sbc error unless the mwmbuilder is faulty again.

13. Syrikzero Trainee Engineer

Sup you guys I am the maker of the Lael Cockpit Mod

Here at TEA we are currently working on a new weapon but for some reason we end up with this guy.
    All the directories and strings seem to be correct ( to my knowledge) in the mod.

Has anyone encountered this a Pink Error box on the top of the head of a weapon?[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2014
  14. soat7ch Junior Engineer

New:
    Ammos
    AmmoMagazines
    Blueprints
    BlueprintClasses
    BlockCategories
    CubeBlocks
    Weapons

since the model i would like to use is not ready yet i used the normal SmallGatlingGun as model.

15. voicesdark Senior Engineer

I haven't personally gotten into doing any weapons mods as of yet, but the usual cause of that pink error box is usually a problem with one of the dummies inside of the .fbx

16. voicesdark Senior Engineer

Yeah definitely sounds like a syntax error somewhere in one of the files, unfortunately there's still quite a few of them that don't trigger an error and just prevent everything from loading. I'd just go back over it all and if you still can't find the issue, if you've got a friend that's willing and you trust, send them a copy of it to look over. Sometimes all you need is that second pair of eyes.

17. soat7ch Junior Engineer

Please, correct me if i'm wrong. There are those Id's i need to take into consideration for it to work (ammo from assemblers is out of question atm, i'll need the gun working in creative first):
    AmmoDefinition; SubtypeId:myCustomProjectile
    AmmoMagazine; SubtypeId:myCustomMagazine
    WeaponDefinition; SubtypeId:myCustomWeapon
    WeaponBlockDefinition; SubtypeId:myCustomWeapon2(with a different Id)

Code:
    ammodef
            <TypeId>AmmoDefinition</TypeId>
            <SubtypeId>20mmProj</SubtypeId>
    /ammodef

magdef
            <TypeId>AmmoMagazine</TypeId>
            <SubtypeId>20mmMag</SubtypeId>
    using->        <SubtypeId>20mmProj</SubtypeId>
    /magdef

wepdef
            <TypeId>WeaponDefinition</TypeId>
            <SubtypeId>20mmWep</SubtypeId>
    using->        <AmmoMagazine Subtype="20mmMag" />
    /wepdef

wepblockdef
    <Definition xsi:type="MyObjectBuilder_WeaponBlockDefinition">
          <Id>
            <TypeId>SmallGatlingGun</TypeId>
            <SubtypeId>M61Vulcan</SubtypeId>
          </Id>
          <DisplayName>DisplayName_Block_M61Vulcan</DisplayName>

<BlockPairName>M61Vulcan</BlockPairName>
          <WeaponDefinitionId Subtype="20mmWep" />
        </Definition>
    /wepblockdef

iam surely missing something obvious (also, i lack experience and am still learning)

ps, the code i posted is very shortened out and not what i actually have in my .sbc files

18. nukeguard Trainee Engineer

I've recently discovered an issue with my mod Large/small Ship & Station Tractor Beams that when you repaint the turrets the projectile spawn point gets offset from center. I don't know if this is due to my mod or the custom model I made for the turret barrels (still haven't gotten textures to work on the models, having issues with blender)

Does anyone have any ideas on why this would be happening when repainting?

Imgur Album

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2015
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.